C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Someone to look after my C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FCM   
Wed May 22 2013, 05:58pm
Member No: #866
The used-car warranty which came with my C6 when bought from a Citroen dealer a year ago having expired, I'm looking for someone new to service and generally look after my car.

I'm not particularly bothered whether they are a main dealer or an independent expert but I would like someone who, likes me, takes an interest in the car and shows some sign (at least) of regarding it, as I do, as something a bit different from most other cars on the road.

As for location, anywhere in the north or east of Herts, south Cambs, north-west Essex or south-east Beds would be fine.

Any thoughts, anyone? All would be gratefully received (and no liability incurred!).

Cheers
FCM
Hattershaun   
Wed May 22 2013, 07:02pm
Member No: #320
Try Robert Lowdell at B.L.Autos in Welwyn Garden City.
- Click Here -
Tel: 01707 327555

They have looked after all my cars really well for many years, they are real Citroen enthusiasts, family owned & run.
They have several C6 customers, most are on this forum, they own two C6 currently.

You may find it useful to pop in one Sat morning to meet them & say hello. They would normally be happy to give your car a check over and offer advice. Say you've been talking to Shaun on the C6 forum. Let me know if you go there & I'll come and say hello too.
mark28   
Wed May 22 2013, 08:07pm
Member No: #102
Bl autos are great. Not many garages like them anymore !
michaelb   
Thu May 23 2013, 09:58am
Member No: #14
As you are in Herts it's a no-brainer to use BL Autos.

The indie who looks after my Maserati also uses them for Citroën era Maseratis.
smihaialex   
Thu May 23 2013, 09:01pm
Member No: #1031
@michaelb: saw a Maseratti Quatroporte today with the registration plate # 600 SIX and I thought of you )
michaelb   
Fri May 24 2013, 10:02am
Member No: #14
smihaialex wrote ...

@michaelb: saw a Maseratti Quatroporte today with the registration plate # 600 SIX and I thought of you )

Cool plate, but wouldn't it make more sense on a V6?
smihaialex   
Fri May 24 2013, 09:18pm
Member No: #1031
Maybe the guy owned a C6, an A6, an M6, a 600 Merc or something like that prior to the M QP and decided to keep the plate
rogerandoutman   
Sat May 25 2013, 07:36pm
Member No: #466
B+L is the place to go, but for a regular oil change etc, you cant beat the citroen fixed price service. But if you need any work done use B+L, they diagnosed straight away my failed spheres, two Citroen main dealers told me that all C6's rode "that way"
FCM   
Sun May 26 2013, 05:09pm
Member No: #866
Hattershaun wrote ...

Try Robert Lowdell at B.L.Autos in Welwyn Garden City.
- Click Here -
Tel: 01707 327555

They have looked after all my cars really well for many years, they are real Citroen enthusiasts, family owned & run.
They have several C6 customers, most are on this forum, they own two C6 currently.

You may find it useful to pop in one Sat morning to meet them & say hello. They would normally be happy to give your car a check over and offer advice. Say you've been talking to Shaun on the C6 forum. Let me know if you go there & I'll come and say hello too.

Thanks, Shaun and others who replied. It looks like B L Autos is the place to go! I will make contact as you suggest, Shaun. Dropping in one Saturday morning sounds like a good idea so I'll try and arrange that and, in view of your kind offer to drop in and meet, let you know when I've fixed a date, Shaun.
Cheers
FCM

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club