C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

First test drive problems!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
RotaryBri   
Wed Aug 11 2010, 02:17pm
Member No: #208
Hi, I am new on here and looking at buying a C6. I trawled the internet and saw one in my price range at Citroen Slough. We went to look at it and have a test drive. Oh dear, within the first 50 yards the service warning came up saying that the front offside tyre was punctured. Immediately back for a check up. No puncture just a problem with the tyre valve. So we set off again and when we got out of the speed limits and got onto the M4 there was a severe wheel wobble. The vibrations could be felt through the floor by my wife in the back and the Citroen salesman in the passenger seat. I believe that it is a tyre problem and I have been reading about them on this very helpful website. I have never heard of problems with Michelin before. So I am now waiting for them to fix these faults and will try again. This time they will bring the car to me, which shows good service.

I first bought a Citroen in 1987 - a new CX Safari 2.5 petrol automatic. This was a really excellent car for me to use for my business. The second was a new XM SD 2.1 diesel automatic in 1993. Again a very good car. I kept this until 2000 but moved away from Citroen then to a Mercedes. This was a brand new one and the automatic gearbox failed completely after just 35 miles! I have run a Vauxhall Signum 3.0 CDTI automatic for the last 6.5 years and has proved to be a very good car. We need good legroom in the back so hence our looking at the C6.

If anyone knows about a C6 2.7 HDI Exclusive, reg number ND07 MMK I would be pleased to hear from you.
michaelb   
Wed Aug 11 2010, 02:41pm
Member No: #14
RotaryBri wrote ...
We need good legroom in the back so hence our looking at the C6.

It certainly has plenty of legroom

Yep, your test drive sounds like the Michelins might be playing up. An '07 plate, I see they only have one in stock so I presume it's the one with 17,500 miles. Not much mileage for a three-and-a-half year old car, which was probably assembled long before registration, so if it is still on the original tyres they could well be out-of-shape.

As I've said to prospective buyers here before, look very carefully at the tyres. Not just the thread depth, but the overall condition. Check for cracking on the sidewalls and you could even insist they put the car up on a hoist and check the tyres for flat spots. If you speak to Jonathan in the Service Department he will know what you mean because he's been though it with mine. Take your time checking all this carefully because four new Michelins are £1,000.
2cvc6   
Wed Aug 11 2010, 04:23pm
Member No: #161
If you are in the market for a C6 near Warwick you could always buy mine! 07 reg black Lignage , will be trading it in on friday but would happily sell before then to an enthusiast , asking £10250
Rob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club