C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Front Brake Pad Compound

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Sat Jul 31 2010, 07:37pm
Member No: #21
Having just returned from 2100 mile trip (Motorways, A roads, Unclassified, Alpine passes) I'm now a big fan of the Greenstuff brake pads.

No squealing, much better modulation and good intial bite (very good for close busy city driving in heavy foreign traffic).

Only downside is slightly more dust but this washes off easily

Regards
G

PS should be a separate post I know, but much maligned RT4 really was a great aide.
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 06:56am

Member No: #1
I thought that 'Greenstuff' were supposed to produce less brake dust, not more?

Mine on the C4 did 'squeal' so it's interesting that they don't on the C6
Website
Trainman   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 08:08am

Member No: #86
When I got mine last year, the dealer did a service and replaced all the pads, now I don't know what make they used but I have a hell of a squeal coming from them. I know there is plenty of 'meat' still there but the squeal is really annoying.

It doesn't matter if it's dry or raining, there's no brake dust. I just think the compound is rubbish. It'll be intresting to see what make they are when I swap them out at the first chance I get. I'm actually 'toying' with the idea of swapping both discs and pads, I've seen Mintex ones for £130 on Fleabay....
gmerry   
Sat Aug 07 2010, 06:53pm
Member No: #21
The Greenstuff pads have the anti-squeal elastomeric layer compound on the back of the pads. This seems to work. Much quieter than OEM. This increase in dust I can live with because the pedal feel is so much better. My wife who does not really notice such things, remarked that the brakes are much more positive, no initial hesitation.

I purchased these from Camskil: they have a large turnover of parts. Buying from a small retailer might mean buying pads which aren't the latest compound.

Regards
G

PS, EBC reference is DP21550 listed for Peugeot 407 2.2 and 3.0, Lucas calipers (or TRW)

PPS DP21550 is also listed for the >2008 C5 with 2.7 or 3.0 TD, so should be easily available and just spotted some good discounts on the web

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club