Overheating

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nickyg   
Sun Apr 21 2013, 12:14pm
Member No: #100
gmerry wrote ...

Hi all, it seems some variants of the Peugeot 407 had a coolant level sensor or switch fitted as standard (same tank in all cases). - Click Here -

I always did wonder why there was a circular reinforced boss on the top.

Regards

G

Was just reading through the this thread and going to post this, but seems you have astutely noticed the same thing!

I found this out when researching my own coolant leak a while back, which you may recall was from the plastic manifold on the block, below the water pump.

I was very interested in the 407 tanks, due to my (seemingly not unique) incredulity at the car not warning me all my coolant was gone! My warning being the twin cooling fans started going crazy, like a jet plane!

I would be loath to try a quick, cheap and simple swap out with the identical 407 tank with sensor, though. I tried to save £50 when replacing a wiper motor by fitting an identical 407 used part, but it would not communicate with the car.

Very sorry to hear of your rotten luck, chevrons.

Chevrons   
Sun May 19 2013, 10:28am
Member No: #85
Please read whole thread to get the context of this:

The new owner took it to a different Citroen dealer and seems to have a totally different diagnosis:

Whole cooling system blocked with thick oil, however, they cleaned it out.
Their diagnosis is a faulty gearbox cooler.

Little vague, but I can't offer more than that.
Chevrons   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 08:47pm
Member No: #85
Another update for reference:

It seems a failure in the gearbox caused fractured parts in the gearbox to get in to the gearbox radiator and crack it, causing the symptoms above; Indications are a replacement gearbox now required.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club