C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Boot locked

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Mike H   
Fri Jan 07 2011, 08:30pm
Member No: #53
Was expecting comments about washing cars....
C6Dave   
Fri Jan 07 2011, 08:33pm

Member No: #1
Nice mix of cars there, DS, C6, C4 2CV (from the uplifted bonnet?) but the C6 is getting all of the attention
Website
Norman   
Mon Sep 19 2016, 04:15pm
Member No: #364
Just had my boot refuse to open after a period of iffy operations no click nada, so following the tutorial i dismantled the number plate holder to find the switch complete so took the switch off to examine and found the stone coloured actuator was split in half!! pushing the actuator in by hand the boot lock worked fine but pushing the actuator with a small rod i could see the actuator split apart.
so a quick trip to Perrys Citroen spares to order a replacement switch i was plesantly surprised by the cost at £13.82 plus Vat the P/n is C6490R3 for anyone who has to order one.
Norman   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 12:10pm
Member No: #364
Fitted the replacement boot lock switch yesterday and repaired the extreme right hand fixing for the number plate holder i simply used glued it back into place using Evosticks PVC pipe weld which i have used succesfully in the past to glue laptop chassis back together, and it worked a treat, i also checked the switch connection to the unit and it is fastened very firmly. the boot now opens every time with a nice click.also had to go back to Perrys i had forgot to buy the trim clips to fasten the trim in place as the originals i removed were not reusable.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club