C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Mon Aug 26 2013, 08:51am
Member No: #21
Hi Steve, when I changed out the NS rear bush, I retained the old wishbone/bracket and old height sensor and managed to get it all back together without the need for height adjustments. I had been warned that there are 3 different bracket arrangements for the height sensor so I'm wondering of this is part of yoour problem (wrong bracket fitted for the wishbopne type)?

Regards
G
Trainman   
Mon Aug 26 2013, 06:32pm

Member No: #86
Could well be Gerry, the really annoying thing is that I can manually get the height somewhere close but the ball joint is nowhere close to where it needs to be, so yes, that could well be the issue..........
gmerry   
Mon Aug 26 2013, 07:00pm
Member No: #21
Steve, I think Phil is the guru on wishbones and mounting brackets, and their part numbers.

Regards
G
Trainman   
Mon Aug 26 2013, 07:16pm

It's really ticking me off, I just know it will be something stupid. Had to run up to Us water this afternoon, apart from a warning when the car is first started she behaves properly, so it's becoming annoying now.

Whatever happens this week, the sensors are generic to the C5 and C6 so whatever happens.....
Trainman   
Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:56am

Trainman wrote ...
I just know it will be something stupid.

and I wasn't wrong, I managed to get the car up on ramp's this morning and discovered that this was going to be a quick and easy fix, nothing more complicated than a.................. bent bracket

You couldn't see it from the top, well, you could but it looked fine, it was only when I got underneath that I noticed the difference, so a quick tweak back into shape of the "cheap steel bracket" and she sit's where she's supposed to and rides like she should

The garage must have bent the bracket when they did the suspension mount the other week
Trainman   
Thu Apr 24 2014, 12:29am

I can't believe it's been so long since I added anything on here, where does the time go?

I haven't spent as much time driving the C6, due to purchasing a series 1 XantiaV V6 as a bit of a pro-life boy toy. The Xantia has taken up a huge amount of my time and money, getting somewhere back where it should have been.

I've had no real issues with the C6, apart from tyre pressure sensors, which I thought needed to be replaced, it turns out that the sensors are fine, after the tyres were pumped up with a foot pump, of the manual kind...... who remembers those?

All the warning lights are now gone, as I've been told I had a puncture for ages, but because I've been using the Xantia I haven't been to concerned about. Anyway, that's all for the moment.......
Jodyone   
Thu Apr 24 2014, 08:22am
Member No: #1240
Trainman wrote ...

I can't believe it's been so long since I added anything on here, where does the time go?

I haven't spent as much time driving the C6, due to purchasing a series 1 XantiaV V6 as a bit of a pro-life boy toy. The Xantia has taken up a huge amount of my time and money, getting somewhere back where it should have been.

I've had no real issues with the C6, apart from tyre pressure sensors, which I thought needed to be replaced, it turns out that the sensors are fine, after the tyres were pumped up with a foot pump, of the manual kind...... who remembers those?

All the warning lights are now gone, as I've been told I had a puncture for ages, but because I've been using the Xantia I haven't been to concerned about. Anyway, that's all for the moment.......

Autocorrected from mid-life? Or are you using the Xantia to take on the abortionists..?!!
Trainman   
Thu Apr 24 2014, 10:17am

Dear Lord, I really must learn to proof read before posting.
Jodyone   
Thu Apr 24 2014, 02:09pm
Member No: #1240
Ah it doesn't matter- glad to hear you're back in the '6!
Trainman   
Tue Aug 12 2014, 12:21am

I've been doing some serious thinking over the last couple of weeks about to get rid of the C6 or not after I was offer this.......

wrote ...
Well, the time has come to part with my 2007 407 Coupe after 11 months of ownership. This car hasn't put a foot wrong and has been totally reliable in the time I've had it and has been nothing but a pleasure to own and drive, however, it's done just over 4000 miles since I've had it and now the Activa has a V6 manual in it I find myself using that more then the 407 now and I don't want it to sit about as it's not going to do it any good

This 407 Coupe is a little special in a few ways really... It's a 3.0 Petrol which makes it quite a rare car, rarer still is the fact that it's a 6 speed manual, not the usual Automatic, and what makes it a bit more special is it's one of the last of the V6 Petrols made

The car is black with black leather and being the GT spec it has everything. Fully electric heated black leather bucket seats, full colour sat nav with the jukebox, CD changer in the boot, iPod connection in the glovebox and a single slot CD in the dashboard for ease. It has only covered 27k miles since it left the factory and it still drives like a new car.

It also has digital air conditioning, cruise control with speed limiter, Bi-Xenon Directional headlights, rain sensing wipers, built in telephone and trip computer. This car still has it's tyre pressure monitoring system in full working order as well, it's not been turned off like most of them have at this age. In September last year I fitted 4 new Pirelli Scorpion tyres to it (the same tyres it had when it left the factory), and I had the tracking checked and adjusted on it as it was slightly out.

The only thing that I've had to do to it in the last 12 months was fit two new wiring looms inside the rear light clusters as it kept throwing up bulb failure warnings despite the bulbs actually working without fault. The beeping from this got annoying so I sorted them out, apparently this is a common fault on all 407's. One problem that is specific to the 407 Coupe, and a common one at that is the front windows delaminate. This is due to moisture getting between the double glazing. These windows retail at over £600 each from Peugeot. This car has had two BRAND NEW front windows fitted to it to get rid of delimitation that was present when I bought it. It's also had a full service using only Genuine Peugeot parts. I also have both keys for the car.

I am the 2nd owner of the car from new, the first being an elderly gentleman in Northern Ireland. Unfortunately he passed away and his family were unable to find the service history for the car when I bought it. I did telephone the supplying dealer in Northern Ireland who confirmed that the car had been serviced as required by the manufacturers standards. I have purchased a handbook for the car.

It is being MOT'd on Saturday morning and will be for sale with a full 12 month MOT. It passed it's last MOT without even an advisory and when I did my pre MOT checks on it earlier today I cannot find anything that should stop it doing the same this year.

There are a couple of marks on two of the alloy wheels but I am including two unmarked alloy wheels with the car.

There are a couple of marks on the car, there is a stone chip on the front of the bonnet which has dented it, there's also a little dent in the roof at the front offside corner. Neither of these stand out and unless you're looking for them aren't really noticeable. There's also a slight graze on the front nearside of the bumper :roll: Although the car isn't immaculate, it's not far from it. It drives and smells like a new car inside and I'm sure will please anybody who buys it. It's a car I would quite happily jump in and drive to the south of France tomorrow

The car has just had new front brake pads fitted to it as they jammed in the caliper and started to bind. The front discs still have loads of life left in them yet and the rears look like new still

When I went down to my cousins in Manchester with the cruise control set to a steady 70mpg the car was returning 34.8mpg, for the size of car it is and all of the toys that it's got fitted it's not bad on fuel at all. Will and Steve have both been in this car in the last couple of weeks so am sure they can share their thoughts on it.

Here's a few pictures from when I got the car: (Please note the registration has been changed to a UK style plate and is now on an 07 plate).

I'll post some fresh ones on Tuesday afternoon as I'll have the car back from being detailed by then.

In the end we decided that the Xantia will go as I plan to have the Peugeot converted to LPG, as the Peugoet shares the same ES9 engine, along with a load of other stuff as the C6
drummond   
Wed Aug 13 2014, 07:11am
Member No: #238
Yeah, it's good. Bút ít's not a C6. Chalk an' cheese!
Trainman   
Thu Nov 20 2014, 10:53am

Well, its been a couple of months of madness and mayhem, I've got the Coupe back and she is running really well on the LPG, I'm getting a return of 45mpg on average which I'm pleased with.

The bad news is that the Xantia has been written off after suffering a rear end bump

She was listed as a Cat C write off, However, I was approached by an interested party to get the salvage on her, which I did and she has gone away to be restored by them and will live on, which is good news.....

I've finally ordered the parts I need for the C6 so she will be getting some much needed love and attention over the next few months, including some paintwork, and I'm having the wheels dipped and refinished ready for the show season next year.

She will be going into my local dealer, to have the work done, they are extremely good with C6's and have a number on their books.

We're off to Bristol in December for a day or two so it will be good to give the 'old girl' a good run, after all, it's what she was built for.......
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 20 2014, 01:35pm

Member No: #1
You've been unlucky with rear end shunts Steve, a C6 and a Xantia.
Website
Trainman   
Thu Nov 20 2014, 04:58pm

C6Dave wrote ...

You've been unlucky with rear end shunts Steve, a C6 and a Xantia.

I know, thankfully no injuries, that's the main thing, car wise it's heartbreaking but at least the C6 is 'getting some loving' as they say in the song...
Trainman   
Fri Nov 28 2014, 10:14pm

Got the C6 Back today after having the towbar fitted, a TPWS fitted, another one re-enabled,13 pin socket to 7 pin socket adaptor and all done at my local dealer, I supplied the TPWS and they fitted it, there talking price including labour and VAT, Oh and C6 Owners discount, just shy of £900.

New EEC legislation means that Citroën only supply 13 pin connectors instead of the double socket type.....

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club