Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

BLACK LIGNAGE - NOV 2008 MODEL

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Franglaisman   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 02:10pm
Member No: #66
I collected my Lignage from Howards Citroen in Weston -Super-Mare on Saturday 27th March after a hectic few days of driving. I'd driven my Chrsysler Voyager from Limoges, France to Bishops Stortford (where I have an apartment) on the Thursday and then dropped the car off at the local Mercedes dealership for a service on the Friday morning. I then drove to Sandown Park to help set up a stand for the VW Show there. We stayed in a local hotel and on Saturday a friend drove us to Weston in his Nissan Cube (!!!) - it's actually all a bit more complicated than this, but I don't want to bore you (and you'd never believe me anyway.)

After collecting the car, I drove back to Sandown (Esher) using the M5 and M4 motorways. I was very impressed. It's probably the 'softest' car I've driven in a while (and that includes a Bentley Arnage) - the suspension smooths out all the bumps and ruts - and I hadn't realised how rubbish UK roads had got . . . POT HOLES!!!

I didn't notice any of this wind noise or road noise that others had mentioned . . . it was a very pleasurable drive. If I'm honest. I'd prefer the seat to be a little 'higher' - but it's no biggie. I'd had a new 'Parrot' system fitted and I can strongly recommend them - it played my iPhone tunes through the stereo and faded down when the 'phone rang - and the hands free/bluetooth works great. Very pleased with it.

On Monday, I really 'abused' the car. I folded the back seats down and loaded it to the hilt with 'ex-pat essentials' (that included tins of paint, baked beans, brown sauce, etc. etc.) . . . I was probably well over the weight limit.

I then drove 600 miles straight back here and again it was a very pleasant drive (especially once back En France.) I love the heads up display too. Once I had figured how the cruise control works that was great too and the +/- button is a great addition (on my Chryslers one has to adjust the mph with one's foot on the throttle and 'set' again - the C6 system is much better IMO.)

So, it's mostly been motorway/autoroute driving so far (about 800 miles in total), although it handled the 'lanes' around my home very well too.

I have to say, I'm very impressed so far.

The car had less than 10,000 miles on it when I collected it and still feels very 'new'.
C6Dave   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 03:16pm

Member No: #1
Won't say 'we told you so' but I just did

If you play with the seat controls you can get the squab higher, even in a Lignage

Oh and as for the Pot Holes, yes there are some really poor roads around which are slowly getting 'temporary patches' that will still be there next winter and will just get bigger, but that's for a different thread.

The car may feel a bit soft on the country roads until you have driven it a bit and the suspension 'adapt's' though.
Website
Franglaisman   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 11:19am
Thanks Dave,

I've got the squab as high as it will go mate. I just like (prefer) sitting 'high' up in a car is all - the seat in the C6 doesn't seem to raise as high as some other cars is all. No biggie tho'.

Another question? Does the Lignage feature the 'headlights following the steering' thingie? Or is that just Exclusivs?

Brian
C6Dave   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 04:19pm

Yes it does, if in the dark and there on, you can visibly see them move when you tun the steering wheel
Website
verycleverman   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 07:09pm
Member No: #65
C6Dave wrote ...

Yes it does, if in the dark and there on, you can visibly see them move when you tun the steering wheel

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the lights only turn when the car is moving above about 5 kph. They are not the easiest thing to detect - when it's foggy is about the best. I did, however, get a good opportunity to see them in action last January. The snow outside my house was about three days old and well compacted. I tried to pull away and the wheels just spun. Whilst trying to extricate myself by rocking back and forth and steering left and right the steerable lights were plain to see as the wheels were spinning.

Pete.
Dave Mc   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 09:50pm
Member No: #64
I have found they are easier to see when you are turning a sharp corner after a straight, the lights move faster than the car and they do light up an area of road that standard light won't. You are right Pete, this feature does not work until the car is moving although it would be helpful if they did move while stationary.
Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 11:03am
In that case, mine don't seem to be working ???

Do they need to be 'activated' . . . in/on the computer/system?
michaelb   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 11:53am
Member No: #14
Franglaisman wrote ...

Do they need to be 'activated' . . . in/on the computer/system?

I think so. Pls have a look at page 57

Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 12:17pm
Thank you
tonyrome   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 03:39pm
Member No: #15
Franglaisman wrote ...
I didn't notice any of this wind noise or road noise that others had mentioned

Your Chrysler must be very noisy, then . The wind noise comes from the wing mirrors and you have to be driving quite quickly for it to be significant. The road noise is there all the time with the 18s. Just had mine up to 120mph again on the Autobahn and, believe me, you'd have noticed plenty of noise if you had been the passenger...
Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 07:03pm
Nope!

Neither the Chrysler (nor my other 'modern' cars) nor the C6

Sorry to disappoint you.

P'raps I have my stereo louder than you.
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 08:02am

I've had the car in the high 90's and personally didn't notice anything untoward regarding wind noise or road noise, nor did my passenger

Here in the UK the option of doing 120 would be dealt with quite severely so the chances of anyone doing it are slim and I would think that few of us will ever take the car to Germany anyway to test it so the comments are, to the majority of owners, irrelevant.
Website
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:48am
I had the cruise set on 95mph driving back through France and didn't notice any excess wind or road noise . . . no different to any other modern car and certainly nothing 'uncomfortable'.

As I posted in my first post - I'm a 'convert' (so far) . . . that's after driving mostly German and Yank stuff.

I *heart* my C6
tonyrome   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 11:30am
Member No: #15
Franglaisman wrote ...
Nope! Neither the Chrysler (nor my other 'modern' cars) nor the C6

Well, if you are running on the 18s with Michelins and you can't hear substantial road noise, either you're driving on glass roads or you need to check your ears for wax .
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 12:03pm
The French roads are pretty good . . . but by no means 'glass' . . . so I guess it must be my ears . . . eh? pardon?

I think we best just agree to differ on this - I'm happy, you're not . . . sometimes that's just the way it crumbles.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club