C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Car Bra!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
skipppy   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 01:21pm
Member No: #914
Don't know if you guys need these in Europe, they preserve the paintwork on the front of a car from insects and stone chips. We call them car bras and they have a soft liner to protect the paint from scratching.
I've bought many from the same company in Melbourne because they do the best job, and each is tailored to fit exactly to the model of car.
skipppy   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 01:42pm
Shot taken prior to touring on business trip in NSW

C6Dave   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 03:47pm

Member No: #1
Ones I have seen in the UK on a C4 etc. haven't covered as much of the front end, just the front 1/3rd of the bonnet or so
Website
skipppy   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:56pm
Our tougher roads out here in the colony require protection from the conditions - plague of locusts, errant kangaroos, etc. - not to mention big lorries. So to preserve the retained value of a nice car you need to keep the bugs and stones away. I'l include a shot of greater detail to show how sophisticated the car bra's design has become.
For me this one on the C6 is a work of art - and it's my 21st from the same company, Car Bra Australia. The 20th was complimentary, for my VW Passat last year.
skipppy   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 02:55am
Inside the Car Bra Aust. factory in Melbourne showing the detail that goes into the tailoring of a bra for a C6. It's made to suit one side first and then replicated to cover the whole front.

It was worth a detour of 350km each way that day during a country trip to fit in a visit to the pattern maker in Victoria. Making a pattern to go over a surface of complex curves is no easy matter.

John, the pattern maker, would normally go to a dealer locally to measure it but there aren't any C6s in stock any more.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club