One failure to the next!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
verycleverman   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 11:43pm
Member No: #65
magicands wrote ...

I owned a Vauxhaal Omega for many years and it gave me trouble free motoring, the C6 offered me almost what I had in my Omega spec wise which was another factor in my choice of the C6.
So, would I buy another Citroen............No!

Curiously enough, my daughter once had a Vauxhall. It cost me almost £1,000 when the timing belt jumped due to the plastic tensioner failing. That's the plastic tensioner that Vauxhall replaced with a steel one due to the high number of failures - but only after they had used up their stock of plastic ones!
So, would I buy another Vauxhall?.........Never!!!

Pete.
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 02 2012, 08:00am

Member No: #1
speedfix wrote ...

Front tyres will soon need to be replaced so may get a spare sensor, now where did I see one for £20.00.

Lots on eBay: - Click Here -
Website
gmerry   
Fri Nov 02 2012, 09:55am
Member No: #21
Hi all, for replacement sensors I have found that these cost around £50-£60 each.

Beware buying sensors off ebay, you might end up with old stock with a short remaining life. Also, the latest sensors if you buy from a reputable source have a much better annodising treatment which should eliminate the problems with corrosion leading to failure of the stem and suddern loss of pressure.

By the way, I'm running with 2 new sensors and 1 new stem on my summer wheels. The 4th will get a new stem when the wheel is refubished. The winter wheels will have 4 off new sensors when they are fitted to the car (late November?).

Regards
G
Gobxoy   
Fri Nov 02 2012, 09:57am
Member No: #786
Good point G

I have just got my winter wheels and am waiting for tyre the e-bay link are £60 a pop so I went for this - Click Here -

I think National tyre sell them and fitt them for about £180? I got mine from the link provided Motormania (Performance center) as they are only 10 miles away. Should have all up and running next week. Whilst the display may be difficult to locate whitout looking add-on. I does come complete 4 sensors and monitor fully configurable, more importantly gives pressure readout and temperature.

Here's Tyresures web - Click Here - oh you can get them direct £163 and replacement parts to replace for valves and sensors might aswell get a new kit

BTW C6Dave I was going through some old files and found my early brochure "Timeless design" K10661 the one with Lamps-chairs-spoons as design comparitors, don't you just love those wacky french. I can scan if you like? unfortunatley the back has some writing on.
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:19am

Member No: #1
I'm sure I have that brochure somewhere as well
Website
magicands   
Sun Nov 04 2012, 04:03pm
Member No: #1021
Gobxoy wrote ...

Gary you ain't waving that wand enough

Lol - thanks for making me smile, I think I need a miracle not a Magic Wand though!!
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club