C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

today is the day

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
theguardian   
Mon Mar 05 2012, 07:45am
Member No: #645
hi all today is the day i find out if my engine is u/s or not citreon hq is coming over to look at the car and give it the once over will let you know later whats happening
drummond   
Mon Mar 05 2012, 07:53am
Member No: #238
New engine under warranty, eh? Oh dear, Ron!!
gmerry   
Mon Mar 05 2012, 10:58am
Member No: #21
Official Ford Policy (google Landrover and Jaguar forums) is that short block (ie anything involving block, crank, bearings, pistons, etc) is non-repairable and requires an exchange unit.

I'd be insisting on a replacement engine.

Regards
G
theguardian   
Mon Mar 05 2012, 02:56pm
Well guys the update is nowt there is no update rang garage Citroen hq has asked them to look at it later today or the next day and so on them ring them back with their findings then at some point someone will let me know whats going to happen

When are these people going to learn that without us they dont have a car sale's business i just want my car back working like it should

talk about draging there feet
theguardian   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 11:46am
the news is there is no news as yet garage seems to think that one of the parts they put on is at fault so its gearbox out again they reckon i get her back next mon if they can get the part in the couple of days on the plus side engine is ok so if the part works this time all will be honky dorey in reading
theguardian   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 06:16pm
guys my baby is back where she belongs pick her up from the garage at 5.30 and she sounds [%*^#@!] fantastic and pulls like a train so smooth no lumps bumps or clunks going for a slow run tonite just to get the feel for her again it has been six weeks so will have to start the love affair all over again going to spend all day tomorrow giving her a good going over a wash polish etc.
god i missed her so much i might of had a curse & swear alot when it broke but glad shes back
Ped   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 06:34pm
Member No: #82
Excellent, glad you're happy at last! Nothing like a good clean + polish to bond man to vehicle.
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 07:41pm

Member No: #1
Nice to read that the car is back on the road, but did you ever find out exactly what was wrong and replaced?
Website
gmerry   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 08:20pm
Member No: #21
Guardian, glad it has all worked out fine in the end. Go enjoy!

G
theguardian   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 08:45pm
hi guys thankyou for all you comments
ok here goes with what was wrong
1st thing all power stering pipes rereplaced with old style jubilee clips being put on. as the crimped ones come loose after a while
2nd main engine oil seal plus the housing plate and ring.
3rd a seal in the gear box had to be replaced.
now it was the 2nd item on the list that had to be replaced as the first one was u/s.
so thats why the gearbox had to come out for a second time so with all the waiting for parts to turn up and the gearbox out twice they reckon the overall bill i.e parts/labour & others oil/fluids pipesetc 6.9k
Hattershaun   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:36pm
Member No: #320
What a lovely feeling to get back into your car after a while without it - enjoy.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club