C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Daytime running lamps

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
SGowland   
Sat Jan 21 2012, 08:33pm
Member No: #729
Sorry I suspect this has been thrashed a lot. When activating the availability of this option (dealer using ? with lexia) do they have the choice of selecting all lights on or simply only the small allocated lamps
cruiserphil   
Sat Jan 21 2012, 08:46pm

Member No: #38
S,

You're daytime running lights On/Off are selectable on your display menu, as also are your automatic headlamps illumination. I did notice on Lexia that there is an option to activate sidelights simultaneous with daytime running lights but I didn't try it out.
Any help?

Phil C.
SGowland   
Sat Jan 21 2012, 10:59pm
Thanks Phil. Quite a few C6's arrive without the Daytime running lamps option as have both of mine. (one drowned in the Christchurch earthquake). I think the Citroen people here used lexia to create the menu option initially but unlike my first one, when I choose the DTRL on option all lights are activated.

On my original C6 swimply the small sidelights referred to as DTRL in the manual were activated and were automatically extinguished in the evening when the automatic main lights were triggered. I prefer this option but does lexia have it still?

I've heard the programming occurs in the 'body computer (whatever that means) and that selections may offer terms such as "safety lights' which means the side lights only (described as DTRL in the manual). and 'collision lights' which means all lights. There could be other terms used which are equally cryptic. Is there a choice?

thanks
Stuart
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 22 2012, 07:32am

Member No: #1
DLR should be the front running lamp unit (next to indicator) illuminated if selected from the display menu options on the car.

When the headlamps are illuminated, the DLR go off. At the time it was launched the C6 was the only car in the range with that option, every other car could have DLR selected via 'Lexia' (if the country required it AKA Sweden) which basically turned the dipped headlamps on when the engine was running

That's possibly where the confusion is coming from
Website
Trainman   
Sun Jan 22 2012, 09:34am

Member No: #86
The lexia DOES NOT give you the option to switch on the all the 'marker' lights, (I believe you mean similar to the Volvo) there are 2 options (which I've basically listed below)

1. Day time running lights
2. Sidelights
SGowland   
Mon Jan 23 2012, 03:25am
Thank you everyone. From all the comments I've distilled that Lexia has an area that will allow the option of making available the specific DTRLs. The owner's manual implies this will also simultaneously activete the lights nominated as side lights.

(Trainman says this is not simultaneous but another option.) The dealer here, with Lexia I presume, has mistakenly activated an option of all lights (actually excluding the specific DTRL's) so they turn on when you select DTRL on on the menu. It seems they have made a error. As a final call where do I tell them to find the correct option in Lexia.

Thanks again

Stuart

ps Is Lexia a generic retrofit and Citroen originally had it's own software for these manipulations
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 23 2012, 07:32am

Member No: #1
No, Lexia and Proxia are Citroen/Peugeot code Diagnostic Interface tools

There is a replacement out now though, Giag Box, which is more problematic apparently.
Website
pclark   
Mon Jan 23 2012, 09:51am
Member No: #3
When I got my C6 new, the sidelights and marker lights and daytime running lights did not come on when the engine was running and there was no option on the menu. I asked the dealer to look at this and they got the option on the menu but it activated the sidelights and marker lights as well as the DRL's. I took it back and they changed it to DRL's only on the Lexia.
On my current DS4 the LED DRL's come on as well as the sidelights but I haven't bothered to get it altered.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club