C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

BHI replacement - incorrect additional part recommendation

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gbl   
Tue Aug 11 2015, 08:46pm
Member No: #936
After experiencing problems with blowing of the 40A suspension maxi fuse, I decided to order a new hydraulic pump unit (BHI).

The original BHI with part number 5277G2 for my 2006 C6 2.7 HDi is no longer available. "Service Citroën" says it has been replaced by 5277L7, and in addition it's recommended also to order a hydraulic pipe/tube 5270WF.

It might be a correct recommendation for some models to buy the additional pipe/tube 5270WF, but certainly not for my 2006 car.

There was no need at all for 5270WF since the existing pipe fitted perfectly on the new BHI, 5277L7. In fact it would have been impossible to fit 5270WF without replacing further pieces of piping for the rear suspension.

Photo shows 5270WF (with the yellow plug to the left) placed on top of the existing pipe. The existing pipe has no connector at the level of the yellow plug, so there is no way 5270WF can be fitted without further alterations…

So despite VIN specific search, you apparantly can't trust everything "Service Citroën" says. Check the actual pipe layout on your car if you need to replace the BHI, and maybe you can avoid wasting 100 EUR or so on ordering a 5270WF. The BHI alone is plenty expensive already….

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club