C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Bonnet scratches

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 05:13pm

Member No: #1
Well today it's not raining and I can see the car properly and some toe rag has scratched the bonnet in 2 places about a foot in length crossways.

It doesn't look deep but had it checked by a friend who runs a local bodyshop and.....

Yep, needs repainting. If you can feel the scratch with your nail, then it's beyond polishing out grrrrr

So it's going to cost £220.00 to rub it down and repaint it.

But, the worst part is..... I have to pay VAT on that, so the Chancellor is going to get £44.00 from me because some idiot felt like scratching my car
Website
Trainman   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 06:25pm

Member No: #86
C6Dave wrote ...
the Chancellor is going to get £44.00 from me

He's a poor man Dave, It amazes me how a man who takes money off everybody, never has any
tonyrome   
Tue Feb 15 2011, 08:33pm
Member No: #15
That's very annoying, Dave. It's bad enough when someone damages your car by accident but actually scratching it on purpose is pretty sickening. £220 seems rather cheap for a bonnet respray, though! I assume it's not the whole bonnet which will be sprayed for that price?
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 16 2011, 08:11am

Yes the whole bonnet will be done Tony by Barry at Bodycraft. I have known him and used his services for years and I have confidence that he will do a good job
Website
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 02 2011, 04:43pm

Well I took the car in this morning and....

It's ready. With a bit of care and diligence they managed to polish it out so only cost 2 hours labour and a lot less VAT.

Total cost (including some mixed paint for a couple of stone chips) £102

Cracking job by the boys at Bodycraft once again
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club