C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

"NONE OF REAR PASSENGER SEAT BELTS FASTENED" on start up every time

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citroenroen1   
Fri May 10 2024, 11:43pm
Member No: #5495
How do I stop this message / notification from appearing on center screen? " NONE OF REAR PASSENGER SEAT BELTS FASTENED " shows up every time I start my C6 .

I then buckled up rear seatbelts and the message/ notification then read :
"REAR SEAT BELTS FASTENED" !
Is there a was to delete / stop this notification ?

C6Dave   
Sat May 11 2024, 07:48am

Member No: #1
citroenroen1 wrote ...

How do I stop this message / notification from appearing on center screen? " NONE OF REAR PASSENGER SEAT BELTS FASTENED " shows up every time I start my C6 .

That's the way the system is programmed, I'm afraid. You can get plastic seat belt plugs you can leave in the buckles to stop the warning (I had them on my C6's) however that's the only way to stop the message that I found, though I never looked into the programming via Lexia / Diagbox. But as it's a 'safety' feature and passengers in the rear in the EU have to fasten their seat belts by law, I don't know if de activating it is possible.
Website
Hattershaun   
Sun May 12 2024, 09:40am
Member No: #320
That seatbelt safety message was part of the EU car safety requirements to get homologated & meet the 5* EuroNCAP ratings at the time of launch.

C6 was one of the very few cars to get the highest rating of 5* in 2005;

Driver’s Knee airbag, pyrotechnic bonnet, rear seat belt warning all contributed to the rating.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club