Speakers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
adamw57   
Thu Dec 07 2023, 10:45am
Member No: #5259
Hi all,
It’s been a busy 6 months of ownership but I’m slowly getting through the jobs, or rather the mechanics are. New discs and pads, front brake hoses, FRIP joints, gearbox oil flush and she goes in to have the spheres done next week. Around 1000 miles worth of premium diesel consumed so far and whilst I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference to the engine noise, it’s certainly smoother when cold. Previously on a cold start the car was very jerky for around half a mile or so, a trait from which my 2.7 C5 also suffered. It hasn’t done this at all since I’ve been using Shell’s finest so I’m happy to continue on that basis. Also following some excellent advice on this forum I’ve sorted some of the rattles which spoil the otherwise tranquil driving experience, this brings me to my next problem, audio quality.

I hope that this won’t offend the purists, and I’m not one for modifying cars in any way but I find the quality of the audio system a little underwhelming. I’ve tried different settings and audio formats and on some CDs it’s pretty good, but I would say the majority of them aren’t great. The car has the JBL system installed and I believe RT4 head unit. Has anyone replaced any of the speakers to any improvement? If so what are the recommendations?

I want to keep the car looking original so the head unit would have to stay and I would need speakers that fit into the existing covers so nobody would ever know I’m not looking for a boy racer spec system, just a more enjoyable sound.

Many thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club