C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Steering rack sought 58 plate 2.7 hdi.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
meliskay72   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 06:09pm
Member No: #1645
lso I was having to fairly "wind up" the engine on starting, this did not do the battery any favours. I therefore set to and fitted a new starter motor. Results, an
instant start every time--literally, what a difference.

Here is "wishing and hoping".
Regards, Meliskay72
meliskay72   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 06:59pm
Member No: #1645
This is not really a reply, but the first and most important part of my post seems to have been "lost in transit" so here goes again.
My c6, a 58 plate lignage, came home from its mot test today in shame, having failed
with a major defect. So it is off the road until sorted.A serious oil leak is visible
which I am assured is coming from within the rack and out of the gaiters. This suggests
to me a seal failure within the rack assembly. I am loathe to fork out the price of a
new rack, so pose the following questions in hopes 0f a better solution:-
1) Does any member have a serviceable non leaking rack which they are prepared to
sell? If, hopefully yes, plse PM me with price & contact details soonest.
2) Has anyone any experience of refurbishing a rack including seals etc. If so plse
advise with advice of parts sourcing etc.
3) Does any member know of a reliable refurbishing company to contact? Details please.
4) The thought does occur, is the same rack fitted to any other make or model of car?
heres hoping. regards, meliskay 72

MGmike   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 08:29pm
Member No: #3151
Meliskay72 PM incoming...
MGmike   
Tue Aug 17 2021, 08:56pm
Member No: #3151
not wanting to loose a sale but... I would be seriously considering theses guys who don't seem that far from you.

- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club