Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Micmac   
Sun Sep 06 2020, 09:23am
Member No: #3955
Hello,
I'm French, sorry!
My English is too bad, so I use GoogleTranslate which can result in an approximate translation, again sorry ...
I have a huge problem with my Citroën C6 from 2009, a 2.7 hdi V6.
I completely rebuilt the engine (segments, valves, cylinder head gaskets, oil pump ...) the turbos are new, the EGR valves are new.
As soon as I connect the battery, the booster pump (the pump in the fuel tank) starts up and doesn't stop, even without the ignition key. if I don't unplug the battery, it drains completely in a few hours.
The engine starts and runs well, but shuts off without warning after a few tens of minutes (a priori the operating time varies depending on the outside temperature: the hotter it is, the longer the engine runs), without an alarm before shutting down . The engine stays at a normal temperature (no overheating).
When I switch the C6 to the diagnostic software, I have a lot of faults linked to communication problems between the ECUs a priori.
I have already changed the BSM (twice) the BSI (twice) the engine control unit and nothing or done, I still have the same failures.
Can anyone help me?
Micmac   
Wed Nov 18 2020, 10:17pm
The second problem is fixed, it was the angle sensor on the crankshaft which was defective.
cruiserphil   
Thu Nov 19 2020, 06:26pm

Member No: #38
Hello MicMac.

Good to hear you have the shutting down problem sorted and thanks for posting what caused it.

The fuel pump remains running when the ignition is switched on. When the ignition is switched off the pump stops under fuel back pressure. I'm not sure how it does this. There may be a defect on the pump.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Micmac   
Tue May 18 2021, 07:40pm
No, the pump is operating normally.
I noticed that by unplugging the yellow connector under the BSI, the pump cycles normally and shuts off when the engine is stopped. On the other hand, once disconnected the yellow connector, the battery holds the charge well and it does not drain at all.
cruiserphil   
Wed May 19 2021, 09:19am

Member No: #38
Hello Micmac,

As soon as I connect the battery, the booster pump (the pump in the fuel tank) starts up and doesn't stop, even without the ignition key. if I don't unplug the battery, it drains completely in a few hours.

Is this still a problem?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Ranger12   
Wed May 19 2021, 10:51pm
Member No: #4492
I'm curious,

I appear to have a battery drain, if I leave my 2.7 HDI for a couple of days, the car starts but smokes and is a bit noisy, but if I keep the car on charge for the same period it starts flawlessly and cleanly. If I drive the car every day, no problems either.

I have a brand new, full sized and high capacity battery, which I got when I found out the one I bought it with was undersized and under-amped.

The reason I am asking this here is just to ask if my battery drain could be the same issue Micmac has described, and would unplugging the yellow connector beneath the BSI be a safe method to determine if my battery drain is due to this? If I unplugged mine, would I need a Lexia/Diagbox to reset anything?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club