Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Can C6 headlights be adjusted for Left/Right hand driving?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chrisisbd   
Sun Dec 18 2016, 07:08pm
Member No: #2258
It just occurred to me that this might be possible. Is there a setting anywhere to change from driving on the left to driving on the right?
akabigm   
Tue Dec 20 2016, 12:50pm
Member No: #1302
I don't think so, though I hope I am wrong. Annoying to others when on Continent and nothing to do really about it, as cannot see how the black tape can be positioned or how the round the corner headlamp travel can be stopped easily.

I used to have a Volvo C70 and that had a little slider on each headlight, which turned the dipped beam the other way, so clever and useful.
gmerry   
Tue Dec 20 2016, 01:52pm
Member No: #21
The short answer is that the beam pattern is such that it does NOT require conversion from RHD to LHD.

In common with several other posters, I have used the C6 extensively for night driving in France and never once had anyone flash me.

If however, you like to dismantle mechanical things, it is possible to "rebuild" the internal mechanism to make it fully LHD compatible.

regards
gmerry   
Tue Dec 20 2016, 03:43pm
Member No: #21
AKABIGM, the directional feature of the headlights can be cancelled very easily by going into the configuration menu and deselecting the directional feature - it's explained in the car manual.
speedfix   
Tue Dec 20 2016, 10:10pm
Member No: #1043

Seasons Greetings.

The headlights can be adjusted for continentle high speed driving with the aid of directional headlights working.
The cutout standby flap is brought into play, picture shows the small lever in red circle, one on the other side.
IMO if you are not useing this while driving abroad then the dazeling of oncoming trafic will occur unless the flap is already brought into play, no cut off of beam!

Leobx16v   
Wed Dec 21 2016, 10:31pm
Member No: #2090
if it kicks up to the left at all then the french police will fine you, equally if you cut the flap to make it level it wont pass an MOT because the beam pattern wont be correct it is required that the headlight kicks up to the left.

the best way to do it is to buy a beam deflector sticker from a motor factors for a couple of quid its pretty straight forward to fit theres even a little marker on the headlight lens to guide you.
MikeH   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 10:43am
Member No: #1555
Here's a picture of the mechanism which might make it clearer.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club