C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tracking

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mark28   
Sat Mar 10 2012, 06:27pm
Member No: #102
Went to have the tracking adjusted as my rear tyres are wearing on the outer edge. I was shown to awful Torx headed bolts that need to be undone to adjusted the rear wheels . Poor guy managed to do one wheel but the other is stuck fast and the Torx bit then snapped . Any experience in adjusting or removing those that are stuck fast ?
gmerry   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:32am
Member No: #21
Mark, the torx headed screws that hold the brake caliper brackets to the suspension are notoriously tight and hard to remove.

I made up a "flogging spanner" bit holder to get these out. Another option is some heat to loosen any threadloc or rust.

Do you have a photo of the fastener and the access

Regards
G
mark28   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 08:31pm
Member No: #102
Will try and get some photos on Wed afternoon when the car goes in for the gear box upgrade .
gmerry   
Wed May 04 2016, 09:17am
Hi all, this thread went dead in 2012, so has anyone managed to get their rear tracking adjusted.

Is it best to remove the adjustable tracking arm off the car and then free them up on the bench? Or replace with new adjustable tracking arms?

Mine look seriously frozen solid! Never been adjusted in my ownership!

Regards
G
gmerry   
Wed May 04 2016, 01:22pm
Hi, had a tentative look at this job (suspension currently depressurised after replacing all 4 rear spheres).

Here's what I found: to remove the lateral adjustable link, a T60
Torx bit is required. My set only goes up to T55 so a special is on order and I'll get that in 3/4" drive. Assuming that the tracking arm is seized up and can't be adjusted, there are aftermarket ones available. OEM part number is 517847, Febi is 27014 about £40-£50 each so probably worth trying to get existing ones freed off unless a quick turnaround is required.

Regards
G
Leobx16v   
Wed May 04 2016, 10:26pm
Member No: #2090
The jobs fairly simple about 3/4 hour to replace them and track up just use a high quality penetrating fluid and your on your way, the best way really just freeing them off for now will probably mean the next time you come to track it they'll be seized again so put on new ones and grease them up
gmerry   
Thu May 05 2016, 07:08am
Thanks Leo, by replacing the adjustable lateral links, I'm presuming you mean undoing the T60 screws at either end of the link. Any issues? Does the suspension need to be depressurised?

The Citroen OEM links have E6 clamping screw heads: did you replace with OEM links or if Febi, do they also have these tiny E6 splined screw heads?

Regarding penetrating oil, not sure why I would need this if just installing new (greased up) links and adjusting the tracking there and then.

Regards
G
Leobx16v   
Sun May 08 2016, 02:36pm
Member No: #2090
The penetrating fluids for taking it off (habit for me) I got main dealer but febi will be near enough the same anyway, the suspension doesn't need to be de-pressurised and when tracking has to be at normal ride height otherwise it will send out tracking slightly and certainly the camber.
Yeh the little E6's are just like locking bolts so the arm doesn't move once adjusted

Regards
gmerry   
Sun May 08 2016, 04:01pm
Thanks Leo. Your forum name reminds me of my old white BXGTi (not 16V). Was a great car, definitely saved my life more than once but I was doing a 110 miles every day and it drank like a fish, so it had to go.

Regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club