C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Accessible ground/earth/negative in fusebox area

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jeanlepharmacien   
Thu Apr 07 2016, 10:11am
Member No: #2484
Trying to hardwire in my dash cam for windscreen and have sorted routing cable inside windscreen pillar trim and into fusebox area. I think piggy back into front lighter socket should give 'power on ignition turn on'facility but I'm stuck for the negative/ground. There is a highly inaccesible bolthead visible in the fusebox aperture but cannot see any likely metal ground points. I suppose a ground/negative wire would do but can anyone suggest one and its colour? From my x7 C5 I found that these were often green or green/yellow. Thanks for any help. John
gmerry   
Thu Apr 07 2016, 10:20am
Member No: #21
Hi John, I needed a neat earth inside the engine fusebox so I looked up the wiring diagrams available on this site and found what I was looking for there: yes, they are usually green/yellow (just like a washing machine).

Regards
G
e3steve   
Thu Apr 07 2016, 12:51pm
Member No: #1163
jeanlepharmacien wrote ...

Trying to hardwire in my dash cam for windscreen and have sorted routing cable inside windscreen pillar trim and into fusebox area. I think piggy back into front lighter socket should give 'power on ignition turn on'facility but I'm stuck for the negative/ground. There is a highly inaccesible bolthead visible in the fusebox aperture but cannot see any likely metal ground points. I suppose a ground/negative wire would do but can anyone suggest one and its colour? From my x7 C5 I found that these were often green or green/yellow. Thanks for any help. John
If you're connecting to the rear of the cigar/accessory socket then you can pick up the earth return from there.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club