Adjusting wipers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ped   
Tue Aug 27 2013, 05:43pm
Member No: #82
Hi guys

My drivers side wiper goes off the windscreen a little bit, making a slight noise and probably damaging the wiper. Does anyone know how to adjust the range? I tried putting it in service mode and moving the wiper inwards but after keying in and using the wiper control it goes back to how it was before.

Cheers
Chris
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 27 2013, 05:58pm

Member No: #1
Why not move the arm around a spline or 2?
Website
Ped   
Tue Aug 27 2013, 06:04pm
Member No: #82
Can you clarify, Dave?
gmerry   
Wed Aug 28 2013, 08:10am
Member No: #21
Hi Ped, my RHS wiper blade just overlaps edge of windscreen as well. Pretty sure that repositioning the wiper arm on the splines will cause a clash in the parked position, so my advice is leave well alone. Plus side is that the driver side coverage of the wiper is excellent!!

Regardw
G
Norman   
Thu Feb 11 2016, 09:07am
Member No: #364
I had the same problem with the passenger side wiper overrunning at both ends of its travel and it turned out to be excess movement in the mechanism I checked on the forum for information and downloaded the relevant files and after reading about the different upgraded wiper motors which required synchronising so I took it down to my local citroen dealer and showed it to the technician who agreed with me and said the bearing was probably worn, so he looked into replacments then informed me that the new one were different and the drivers side would need to be replaced as he could not guarantee they would synchronise so I ordered both, they were fitted a week later and are now so quiet no more noisy wipers which was great as we went to Wales for the weekend and boy did it rain and the wipers worked perfectly. The total cost plus some other work I had done at the same time came to £666.66 the motors cost about £197 each plus fitting and vat. Dismantling the defective motor the faulty bearing could be seen it is a phosphor bronze type approximately 2" in length which supports the centre of the drive shaft and is not a good solution considering the side forces involved. The drivers side was olso beginning to show signs of wear, the mileage is only 85500 miles so the wiper system must have had a lot of use.

321dave   
Thu Feb 11 2016, 06:10pm
Member No: #614
Norman wrote ...

I had the same problem with the passenger side wiper overrunning at both ends of its travel and it turned out to be excess movement in the mechanism I checked on the forum for information and downloaded the relevant files and after reading about the different upgraded wiper motors which required synchronising so I took it down to my local citroen dealer and showed it to the technician who agreed with me and said the bearing was probably worn, so he looked into replacments then informed me that the new one were different and the drivers side would need to be replaced as he could not guarantee they would synchronise so I ordered both, they were fitted a week later and are now so quiet no more noisy wipers which was great as we went to Wales for the weekend and boy did it rain and the wipers worked perfectly. The total cost plus some other work I had done at the same time came to £666.66 the motors cost about £197 each plus fitting and vat. Dismantling the defective motor the faulty bearing could be seen it is a phosphor bronze type approximately 2" in length which supports the centre of the drive shaft and is not a good solution considering the side forces involved. The drivers side was olso beginning to show signs of wear, the mileage is only 85500 miles so the wiper system must have had a lot of use.

You wouldn't have any photos Norman of the worn parts? I'm sure it's an issue were all going to face sooner or later. Did the plastic cowelling covering the motor and mechanism below the windscreen come away easily or did it break or crack?

Many thanks
321dave
Norman   
Fri Feb 12 2016, 08:16am
Hi 321dave, I can post a few photos but regarding the removal of the trim I didn't do the job I looked at it and decided to leave it to the citroen technician as I didn't want to break anything.

Norman   
Fri Feb 12 2016, 11:15am
Hi 321dave, I can post a few photos but regarding the removal of the trim I didn't do the job I looked at it and decided to leave it to the citroen technician as I didn't want to break anything.
As promised here are a few photos
Norman   
Fri Feb 12 2016, 11:23am
As promised here are a few photos

Norman   
Fri Feb 12 2016, 03:58pm
    Norman   
    Fri Feb 12 2016, 04:02pm

Norman   
    Fri Feb 12 2016, 04:06pm
    Norman wrote ...

Norman   
    Fri Feb 12 2016, 04:13pm
    Norman wrote ...

Norman wrote ...

L

Norman   
    Fri Feb 12 2016, 04:17pm
    Norman wrote ...

Norman wrote ...

Norman wrote ...

[%*^#@!] pictures won't upload!!!!!! Steve sort this out before I loose my rag rubbish forum software

321dave   
    Fri Feb 12 2016, 08:48pm
    Member No: #614
    Norman wrote ...

Many thanks Norman for the photo.

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
    Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club