C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

I bought a C6.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
VallunsteiN297   
Fri May 17 2024, 07:15am
Member No: #5476
Start of 2023, I decided that I'm starting to save up from 0(basically) and make one of my dreams come true. Indeed, buying a C6. I'm from Bulgaria, and here we don't have petrol C6's for sale. I wanted to have a petrol C6, just because of the poor reputation of the 2.7 and 3.0HDi engines. I have started looking around, and in February I made a trip to Serbia, where I almost purchased one petrol C6. Didn't happen and it's a long story why A bit of a dissapointment.. but that did not stop me. Next month (March) I booked tickets to Spain and I made a small trip over to Spain (Barcelona to be more exact) and headed over to see one beautiful C6.

Well, it turned out to be more than beautiful when I went there. So what's in it? Well, a Petrol V6 with only 96,000 kilometres (Checked in CarFax) and possibly, what I believe the most equipped C6 I've ever seen. Manufactured in 2008, the owner bought himself the car for his retirement. The car has Lounge pack, Sunroof, Heads-Up display, Electrical steering column adjustment and Diamond Cut wheels. Issue was of course, being a foreign person, I didn't know spanish language, and we had a bit of a language barrier but we managed to come to a deal with the owner. The owner wouldn't let me take the plate numbers, so I had to put the car on car platform and have it delivered to my home country (Bulgaria).

After a few days, I was back home and so was the car in one shape. The car currently has temporary registration, but in the next month, I will be getting a permanent one. And this is how it looks.
I've got to say, I'm extremely happy how things have turned out. The car is a joy to drive, you feel relaxed and it's so quiet inside, as well as, the engine is such a comfortable cruiser.
The C6 may very well be the best Citroen the brand has ever put out.

C6Dave   
Fri May 17 2024, 08:26am

Member No: #1
I always had diesel C6’s but did ‘fancy’ a petrol one and have seen a couple of Japanese imports on sale here in the UK.

However the tax regime (VED) plus insurance means that I have to think very carefully about the running costs ☹️
Website
VallunsteiN297   
Fri May 17 2024, 08:40am
I was offered here a numerous diesel C6's here in Bulgaria, some of them with very good service history and special Citroen garages have serviced them, but I specifically wanted to acquire a petrol one. Driving the car is just a breeze, while the diesel has grunt. I wish I had it earlier.. but for good things to happen, it takes some time, right?
cruiserphil   
Fri May 17 2024, 10:13am

Member No: #38
Congratulations on your purchase!

Best regards,

Phil C.
LightMatic   
Fri May 17 2024, 12:39pm
Member No: #2097
Congratulations on your purchase and I wish that the car serves you for a long time in good health. I also wanted to buy a petrol car, but unfortunately they were twice as expensive as my 2.2 HDi from 2008.
Best Regards,
Leo
VallunsteiN297   
Fri May 17 2024, 01:09pm
Thank you for your wishes! In Bulgaria there is only diesel variants sold unfortunately. This is not my first Citroen, I have a C5 (2004-2007) with exactly this engine, the 2.2 with 170Hp. Indeed, the C5 is very very pleasant to drive. But my fear is that the C6 with the 2.2 doesn't feel the same as a V6 engine. And you are also missing out on the AMVAR suspension. And other reason is, the petrol variants are very small number produced in the whole world. Thus, the petrol being more expensive variant always.
M2dis   
Sat May 18 2024, 07:20pm
Member No: #3475
Sounds like you got a nice car mate. How much was the seller was asking? If you don't mind me sniffing, I'm a petrol C6 owner myself but car has a little more mileage and not with all the features.
M2dis   
Sat May 18 2024, 08:50pm
Member No: #3475
oof, quoted my post instead of editing and can't delete it myself

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club