C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Door Handle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Valleybuoy   
Tue Jan 05 2016, 05:06pm
Member No: #1069
I need to replace my driver side front door handle. The paint is peeling off (I think asusming from when previous owner had rings and chipped paintwork).

Couple of Qs

Which other Citroen models use the same door handle? I need Obsidian black (commont on other Citroen's/ peugeot's) and hope to get lucky second hand.

I plan to give to the Garage to replace when I take in for service - how big a job is it to swap over?

Yet again - the dreaded "Anti-Pollution failure" light came on (after about 9 months off since last episode). The garage could find nothing wrong last time... so it's annoying. Is this still a mystery?

Thanks Gareth
drummond   
Tue Jan 05 2016, 05:22pm
Member No: #238
Old C4's, and Peugeot 309's, for a start. It's harder to get one with the cutout for a key, but I didn't bother.

I, personally, would respray what you have.....I do have one, but it's somewhere in all the moving stuff, and it's in undercoat grey.

Try ebay, they have them.
gmerry   
Tue Jan 05 2016, 06:27pm
Member No: #21
As per previous post, the replacement handles come unpainted: so sort what you already have. It's possible to buy a rattle can premixed to the Citroen colour code.

Regards

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club