C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Sinking C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dsharples   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 12:03am
Member No: #119
My C6 is starting to adopt a nose-down attitude overnight (relative heights shown in pictures - its more noticeable in the metal), and after a few days, goes almost "flat down" at the front (like an inverse BX). Is this just normal wear and tear, e.g. ageing leaky struts.. or is something else amiss? The rear-end barely moves. As soon as the doors are opened the pump kicks in, and normal heights are restored, but on cold mornings, it can take a quite a few seconds for things to settle down.

e3steve   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 12:50am
Member No: #1163
Has this only just started, or do you think that you might possibly have only just noticed? Mine 'settles' in a similar manner, and only at the front.

I also used to notice that my C5 would suddenly, when sat, say, at a traffic light for more than about thirty seconds, rise noticeably at the front by about 30 or 40mm, only to drop again by what seemed to be the same distance a few seconds later; my C6 has, on occasion, done just the very same trick.
Bishop   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 09:28am
Member No: #868
Agree with e3steve - mine does this frequently, and sometimes it will do the inverse and be jacked-up ... it seems to depend on whether the outside temperature has risen or dropped from when I last used the car. I think it you return to your car to find the front raised and the rear "collapsed" then there is a sensor problem (I had this a couple of years ago).
dsharples   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 07:59pm
Member No: #119
No, I hadn't noticed it before. I've had the car since 9 months old, and it never used to need to correct itself much at all, expect for the up/down as you locked/unlocked the car. Lots of things seem to have changed over the years..
e3steve   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 08:56pm
Member No: #1163
Don' forget that the entire car is adaptive, via the BSI and the various ECUs. Over time it will start doing stuff of it's own accord as it adapts to your driving style and habits.
eduardomaio   
Fri Dec 04 2015, 10:52pm
Member No: #869
Same here, sometimes drops, other times the front jacks up. Even after a new pump was fitted the same thing happens so I guess it's normal behavior.
Website
Paulius   
Thu Dec 10 2015, 09:25am
Member No: #1821
I winder if suspension behaviour (auto corrections, reaction to unlocking/starting the engine/locking) is documented somewhere?
Izunec   
Fri Dec 11 2015, 12:15am
Member No: #1771
Mine does the same thing, sinks over night, rises at unlock, asked at dealer about this behaviour, and they told that they would change a bunch of stuff (height correctors, piping, etc) for little over 2000 €. Then I asked do I have to do this since car is perfectly normal when driving, and they told me - no. So I didn't
C6Dave   
Fri Dec 11 2015, 08:13am

Member No: #1
Both my C6's did it and it's normal behaviour from what I can see.
Website
magicands   
Fri Dec 11 2015, 11:57am
Member No: #1021
This is normal behaviour for all C6's
Website
Norman   
Sat Dec 12 2015, 12:05pm
Member No: #364
Mine changed height at the front when waiting at traffic lights the other day one of my passengers sat in the back noticed and said to me it had gone down suddenly which it did and it was the first time I had noticed.
Izunec   
Tue Dec 15 2015, 10:03pm
Member No: #1771
I had 1500 km trip past weekend, C6 worked perfectly, but had time to do some thinking, and remembered that with BX and CX I used from time to time to do 'excercise' (put car in top position, then in lowest position, and repeat it for few times). So I did it with C6 (three cycles) and now for two days front end didn't sink (car was turned off for two days).

How exactly this helps I'm not sure (removes any trapped air with circulating hydraulic fluid?), but it's something to try and think about.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club