C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

virgin C6 Lignage '07 owner

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
hs   
Sun Jan 31 2016, 01:37pm
Member No: #2494
just to say 'hi'. I'm Hans, I live in London and am now the proud owner of an '07 C6 Lignage with 57k on the clock, which I bought from a very nice fellow in Swindon, and am also the proud owner of a '63 DS RHD decap! Until recently I was driving an '87 CX series 2 TD Limousine (LHD), which I recently sold to my mate Jamie. The drive back to London in the C6 was sublime, even in the appalling weather. This is where I was suffering a bit in the CX with the single wiper, moisture in the cab and asthmatic heating. I hope to enter C6 ownership with a preventative mindset. I've read a lot of useful information on the Dutch Citroen forum in anticipation and hope to do the same here. I like to do my own maintenance work, but realise there's a fair old hurdle here with my first ever 'computerised' vehicle.
userpco   
Sun Jan 31 2016, 02:13pm
Member No: #622
Welcome Hans, I think you've come to the right place for DIY advice. from what I've read there appear to be quite a few knowledgeable enthusiasts happy to give advice.
Makes for interesting reading even for those without the necessary skills or tools.
Regards, Peter
Hattershaun   
Sun Jan 31 2016, 06:13pm
Member No: #320
Welcome Hans,
You must be the Hans I know from Citroen Car Club UK.
Enjoy your C6.
Trainman   
Sun Jan 31 2016, 06:39pm

Member No: #86
Hans
hs   
Sun Jan 31 2016, 08:50pm
Member No: #2494
Yes... I've been very involved with the D section of the CCC until I felt the need to take a sabbatical. I was involved in setting up the museum part of the ICCCR at Harrogate too, which was quite interesting as I managed to dig out a DS from the Science Museum which was used for the first experiments in 'driverless' cars in the 60's.

I'm certainly curious to what extent I can fix a few things myself. I've already realised you don't just put a jack underneath it without unscrewing the lid on the lds tank!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club