C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Front door window opens by itself

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mtee   
Thu Jun 25 2015, 06:54pm
Member No: #1924
In my C6 3.0 HDi 2012 I have 3 times experienced that the front right-hand door window has opened by itself while the car has been parked. (It is the passenger door as this is a LHD car.) The car was locked up normally. When I came back the car was still locked but the window was fully open.

After the issue had occurred twice I had the car checked at a Citroën garage in conjunction with towhook installation. Also the battery was disconnected, tested and found healthy. There were no fault codes from windows, but they anyway reset the windows. This was 7 months ago.

After that the issue did not occur until today when my spouse found the car with fully open window in the morning.

It's always the same window. The other 3 windows are closed, all doors locked and alarm activated. The open window closes normally from the button.

First time I thought I may have forgotten it open. But I'm sure we've not left it open 3 times for the whole day or night.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

magicands   
Fri Jun 26 2015, 11:52am
Member No: #1021
My partner has a 2013 (63 plate) C4 VTR+ and all 4 of her windows drop slightly by themselves when the car is parked up. It does not happen all the time but it must have done this 8 or 9 times now.
We only notice as we hear external noises when driving such as wind or engine, you can't see the gap in the windows but it must be around 8mm?
We have no explanation........oh, wait a minute, yes we do,............its a Citroen!!!
Website
bobthegob   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 08:30am
Member No: #2238
magicands wrote ...

My partner has a 2013 (63 plate) C4 VTR+ and all 4 of her windows drop slightly by themselves when the car is parked up. It does not happen all the time but it must have done this 8 or 9 times now.
We only notice as we hear external noises when driving such as wind or engine, you can't see the gap in the windows but it must be around 8mm?
We have no explanation........oh, wait a minute, yes we do,............its a Citroen!!!

I have had the same issue on my C6, with the additional problem that the right hand (Driver's window in my case)sometimes will not work at all but when I go back to the car after a few hours it will work fine. I will keep an eye on your post in case anyone comes up with a solution.
e3steve   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 08:52am
Member No: #1163
I've not experienced these issues myself, BUT, when requesting total-close on the fob (press & hold LOCK button) sometimes the rear windows 'back-off', after initially rising, and fully open! Usually the rear left -- sometimes both.

No, they're not slow.
No, they're not "stiff".
Yes, I have reset them.
Yes, I have carried out a battery-disconnect.

That's CANbus multiplexing for you. Never, ever happened on my old BMW 840i...
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 09:32am

Member No: #1
I never get those issues on the window winders on the Traction or the DS, progress isn't always great is it...
Website
Tjensen   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 12:48pm
Member No: #954
I managed to get the windows inoperable after some sequence of buttons-fiddling, just by accident. All OK after full restart
drummond   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 10:52am
Member No: #238
I managed to get both the CX and a Re***lt Sc***ic to operate perfectly by disconnecting the male and female clips in the door and rubbing a bit of glass paper on the male half.

I agree with Dave about the Traction, but the 2CV is even better!

eduardomaio   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 09:10pm
Member No: #869
Have you checked if the rubber seal at the top of the window isn't bent or out of place? Might be messing with the anti-pinch sensor.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club