C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Locked out!!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dalicro   
Thu May 07 2015, 05:16pm
Member No: #1932
A week ago, after having driven earlier in the day, the car decided not to let me in; apparently deadlocked. Neither remote nor key would work. Thinking it may be a sudden remote battery failure (unlikely)I replaced it and .... everything worked again. I reasearched online and discovered that I might have unknowingly pressed the lock button on the remote twice in quick succession, thus deadlocking the car. Today it's happened again: Drove the car earlier in the day and now it has deadlocked. The remote battery is new and I know that this time I didn't double press the lock button on the remote.Any ideas anyone?
magicands   
Thu May 07 2015, 05:52pm
Member No: #1021
Deadlocking simply means that anybody stealing the car would be unable to open the doors and would have to climb in and out through the windows.
I always deadlock (2 presses) my car and it always opens with a single press of the fob.
Deadlocking does not keep you out if you have the key so I'm not sure what you are suggesting?
Website
dalicro   
Thu May 07 2015, 06:30pm
Thanks for that super-quick response! I'm not familiar with the deadlocking feature so I must be mistaken in my assumptions. I'm confused (can you tell?). The car is in my drive so I know it hasn't been tampered with. Why would the key not work in the lock even if there was something wrong with the remote? Why would changing the remote battery (the following day) on the previous occasion solve the problem then? Is there a time delay and would the car have opened without changing the battery? Really confused now!
magicands   
Thu May 07 2015, 08:12pm
Does the door glass try and drop when you pull on the handle(s)?
Website
dalicro   
Fri May 08 2015, 10:39am
Hello again. Apparently key not turning in lock was nothing to do with deadlocking (as you rightly pointed out) but simply that it had seized through lack of use. A squirt of WD40 did the trick. The bit I don't understand is why the fob now works! Voodoo magic. The lesson learned is to use the key once every couple of weeks to keep the lock from seizing. Thanks very much for your help.
magicands   
Fri May 08 2015, 11:12am
Glad you are now working again
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club