Dark mode

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
m0tz   
Sun Dec 27 2015, 09:28am
Member No: #2430
Hi guys and nice meeting you,

I have a small issue with my newly bought C6.
After I double press the Dark button in order to turn off the NAV display and the dashboard lights, it automatically comes out of Dark mode by itself after a short period of time. This can be somewhere between 5 and 20 seconds.
The weird thing is that there are times when it works fine and remains Dark for the entire journey, the longest with this activated being about 1 hour.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am unable to fin a pattern as to why sometimes it works...
gmerry   
Sun Dec 27 2015, 05:35pm
Member No: #21
Hi there, if there are system errors like ABS etc, the dark function will cease after 2 seconds as you describe.

Regards
G
m0tz   
Mon Jan 04 2016, 01:12am
Member No: #2430
I believe I found what the issue was... When the outside temp indicator is blinking(-4 to +4 degrees) it will not stay in Dark mode.
gmerry   
Mon Jan 11 2016, 05:12pm
Member No: #21
It was -3 degrees and on the drive home in the dark, switched to dark mode and in stayed in the same - more than 25 minutes until I switched off.

Pretty sure dropping out of dark mode is caused by a fault(s) being logged on one of the ECUs.

Regards
G
e3steve   
Mon Jan 11 2016, 05:40pm
Member No: #1163
gmerry wrote ...

It was -3 degrees and on the drive home in the dark, switched to dark mode and in stayed in the same - more than 25 minutes until I switched off.

Pretty sure dropping out of dark mode is caused by a fault(s) being logged on one of the ECUs.

Regards
G
I used Dark Mode for the first time last weekend. It was 2°.

The display stayed off unless the system had something to report, one of which was "Risk of black ice".

So, you're right, Gordon.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club