C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

You win some you lose some - solar panel and rear seat locks

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PercyPorcelain   
Sat Mar 07 2015, 03:11pm
Member No: #2027
Wasn't I pleased with myself for finding a way to thread the lead from my laptop-style foldout solar charger through the (little used) central seatbelt mount to the battery terminals this morning, only to discover that in the process of getting the back seats down (unnecessary as it turned out), I had totally vandalised the locks.

The moral of this story I suppose is the old adage 'RTFM' (and had I taken the trouble to read the manual, I'd have seen that the slot on the seat back that looks like it wants a big flat screwdriver blade, in fact wants the ignition key). Anyone know, are the locks standard to all cars or do they actually need to be identical to the ignition lock?
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 07:41am

Member No: #1
Very much doubt that there all same as the car ignition key, but have never tried to use them and can't really see the point of them?
Website
verycleverman   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 12:01pm
Member No: #65
C6Dave wrote ...

Very much doubt that there all same as the car ignition key, but have never tried to use them and can't really see the point of them?

I daresay the point of them is to provide a degree of security for stuff locked in the boot. It's hardly secure if all one has to do to gain access is push a button and pull the seat back forward.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 12:52pm

Member No: #1

I daresay the point of them is to provide a degree of security for stuff locked in the boot. It's hardly secure if all one has to do to gain access is push a button and pull the seat back forward.
[/quote1425819141]
But that's how 95% of other cars are..............
Website
verycleverman   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 03:34pm
Member No: #65
C6Dave wrote ...

But that's how 95% of other cars are..............

Citroen - Creative Technology!
eduardomaio   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 01:19am
Member No: #869
This is a great system. On my 406 Coupé there were two locks behind the seat that were accessible only from the boot when the seats were in place. The seats would be locked, if you want to unlock them you needed to reach the back of the seats to unlock them.

This way you can do it from the rear seat.
Website
gbl   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 02:06am
Member No: #936
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

Anyone know, are the locks standard to all cars or do they actually need to be identical to the ignition lock?

The spare part listing on Service Citroën says that the VIN must be quoted when ordering the seat locks barrels, so I assume these must be matched to the existing key.
The Auto Midi L'Orient website is listing the lock barrels at 22 EUR each. Not sure though if your entire lock mechanisms and not just the lock barrels were damaged?
Tjensen   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 01:31pm
Member No: #954
I think I remember that the C6 won a price for break-in safety etc ? And it makes sense, If you deliver the car for washing or if there is a broken window, valuables are still "locked in", which also is nice for Insurance if something happen.
PercyPorcelain   
Mon Mar 09 2015, 08:10pm
Member No: #2027
Thanks for that Tjensen... good theory but as I discovered (to my cost), a large screwdriver blade affords swift access to the boot, and swiftly mangles these plastic locks!
Tjensen   
Wed Mar 11 2015, 01:18pm
Member No: #954
But according to Law, this is a "break in" and hence Your Insurance will cover.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club