C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Service Interval

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Valleybuoy   
Thu Feb 19 2015, 10:29am
Member No: #1069
Booked in for an annual service today, and was told I only need an interim, not a full service. Surprised me. Picked up the following from the Citroen site, so appears to the the case.

MODEL YEAR FUEL TYPE SCHEDULED ROUTINE
SERVICE INTERVAL
2005 - 2008 Petrol 20,000 miles or 2 years
2005 - 2012 Diesel 20,000 miles or 2 years

Anyhow - I've insisted on a full service, on the basis it can't do any harm, and hopefully will benefit. (Interim service = £142 inc vat/ Full service @ £256 inc VAT).

Am I wasting my money?
gmerry   
Thu Feb 19 2015, 12:59pm
Member No: #21
Hi Valleybuoy, in my mind, the only reason to strictly follow the Citroen Service intervals and collect the stamps, is to preserve the corrosion guarantee (unless you are a collector and want a perfect "book").

I suspect that mostly the service schedule completely undercooks what is actually required in terms of inspections and preventative maintenance... on that basis I'm happy to grease the rear spoiler mechanism, change the engine oil every 6 months, partial change the ATF, interior cabin filter every 6 months, read and clear the fault logs, change the TPM valves every 4 years or so, etc etc, not because it is specified in the service schedule, but because I want it to be reliable in service. By the way, the brakes get inspected when the winter/summer wheels are changed over.

Regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club