C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Suspension

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ricdic   
Sat Mar 21 2015, 10:12am
Member No: #1675
I have looked but while there are a number of threads about the suspension I have not found anything that covers my question.
I have a 2008 2.7 C6 90,000km.
From what I read in the description of the suspension it sounds as if it should adjust the rear suspension when the front hits a bump.
So when you hit a bump or pot hole it should go "BUMP" "bump" - am I correct?
Mine does not do that it goes "BUMP" "BUMP".
Does it need something changed or adjusted?
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 21 2015, 06:41pm

Member No: #1
The 2.2 suspension is not as sophisticated as the 2.7 or 3.0 cars, however at 7 years old the spheres may have lost pressure and need regassing/renewing.
Website
ricdic   
Sun Mar 22 2015, 07:37am
Member No: #1675
I found - Click Here - new spheres and great pricing AU$110 including freight!
Also the "2.2" was my old brain - it's really a 2.7 and now it is very upset with me for the insult!!
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 22 2015, 08:23am

ricdic wrote ...

I found - Click Here - new spheres and great pricing AU$110 including freight!
Also the "2.2" was my old brain - it's really a 2.7 and now it is very upset with me for the insult!!

Just to back up my comment on sphere pressure, it does say on the IHFS site "The spheres naturally lose time pressure 17% per year !"
Website
Tjensen   
Sun Mar 22 2015, 10:38am
Member No: #954
Green spheres lost pressure, but not that fast, grey saucers for C6 should use like 5 years to lose 17%. (Mine seem to be down5% after 5 years.) Where did you find the information from IFHS ? Checked in their catalogues and on google
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 22 2015, 02:20pm

Tjensen wrote ...

Where did you find the information from IFHS ? Checked in their catalogues and on google

It's on the page the link goes to: - Click Here -

Website
Jarecki   
Sun Mar 22 2015, 08:59pm
Member No: #2069
Hi, it is very easy to explain 17%x3years=51% so - change or recharge, but test them for sure!

I have tested many, new, also very old spheres, from CX, BX, Xantia, etc - I can say (no science research) when the sphere lays on the shop shelf, even after 5 years >50% still keep the correct pressure. But also, old spheres sometimes - just after replace going down (5-10%). So C6 is vulnrabe if we think about the right suspension work.

If may I suggest, test them all and if it is essential change for new one. I remember the old rules: eg. 70-50 OK, 50-15 recharge, 15 and lower - throw it out.

There are cheaper options - to recharge the pressure. As I learn here, Pleiades do it very well (but unfortunately in UK).

IMHO checking pressure is very easy operation, but quite special equipment is needed. I made it from hydraulic jack + part from CX welded + gauge.

I hope I helped a little to clarify the topic.

Nice
Tjensen   
Mon Mar 23 2015, 06:48am
Thanks for info, Dave. Think this is an e-dealer and not the IFHS. The point is probably that fresh IFHS spheres are better that shelfed Citroen ones. But I think the 17% loss /year is wildly exaggerated and cannot find information like this in their catalogues etc. (I had a 15 year old new green regulator sphere, correct pressure and no problems the years it was on my CX)
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 23 2015, 08:29am

Jarecki wrote ...

There are cheaper options - to recharge the pressure. As I learn here, Pleiades do it very well (but unfortunately in UK).

Given the current £ - eurio exchange rate 60 euro for a pair of new spheres (for the DS) is less than getting them recharged.

Anyway, as other C6 owners have posted on this site, the original spheres are likely to loose pressure and are designed so that if too low actually puncture the membrane requiring replacement.
Website
Tjensen   
Mon Mar 23 2015, 12:47pm
Yes, probably preventive good maintenace would be new spheres and new LDS after 5 years. But my garage thought it was unnecessary luxury and measured front wheel sphere to 48Kg, so I will wait to next service. (90 000km)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club