C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Particle filter removal and remap.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
patcrean406   
Fri Oct 31 2014, 11:55pm
Member No: #1894
Think the particle filter is blocked on my 2.7hdi c6. I'm inclined to have it removed and programmed out of it. I had a 2.2 hdi 406 coupe and did the same thing years ago and never looked back. My only issue is that I might have some black smoke if I do it. My father has a 407 2.7 hdi and removed it and this resulted in a lot of black smoke. However he also remapped it so it's difficult to say what's making it smokey. Just want to know has anyone removed the particle filter on their c6?
C6Dave   
Sat Nov 01 2014, 07:44am

Member No: #1
If found, it would fail a UK MOT these days, no idea about Eire but - Click Here -

You could do a 'forced regeneration' which would help clean it, (or take it off and jet wash it out which appears to be a common technique) but it is a service item and will require renewing at circa 120,000 miles + - Click Here -
Website
patcrean406   
Sat Nov 01 2014, 12:08pm
Member No: #1894
It's not illegal in Eire. But can they actually detect it ? If it's visible on the outside and the car isn't smokey would they know?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club