C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

wishbones

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rog   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 02:42pm
Hi
Just a quickie, do the lignage and exclusive have different wishbones because of the self levelling, or is the module thingy transferable?

Rog
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 03:36pm

Member No: #1
No difference if they are 2.7 HDi's - not sure on the 2.2's though, would need to check part numbers etc. but there are several threads on wishbones already.
Website
Rog   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 04:05pm
Yes, i've been through them. Bit confusing really as when some were saying they couldn't locate any, another member was having 2 new ones fitted.
Any thoughts on this? - Click Here -
gmerry   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 04:31pm
Member No: #21
Rog, none of the aftermarket wishbones will fit the C6, regardless of the sellers claims, unless one is prepared to re-engineer them.

Same with the aftermarket wishbone bush (rear bush).

So if you want a straightforward repair, go to your Citroen dealer and get the correct part.

Regards
G

PS, what makes you think a Lignage is different to an Exclusive: these are just trim levels.
Rog   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 04:50pm
Hi G
Because Europarts say they stock one for the 2.7, but not for self levelling suspension, so I assumed [apologies if wrongly]that maybe the lignage didn't have this feature.
From what I've read it seems even going to citroen doesn't make it a straightforward repair
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 05:34pm

Lignage and Exclusive in 2.7 HDi and 3.0 HDi have the same active suspension.

It's the 2.2's that have a downgraded system without the 'active' part but it's still self levelling and no active bonnet or spoiler either..........
Website
gmerry   
Sun Jan 05 2014, 11:14pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, all hydraulic suspensions HAVE to be self levelling!!!

Europarts havn't a clue as to what they are saying.

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 06 2014, 10:05am

Go to Euro Car Care - Click Here - for discounted OEM parts. If it's not listed on site, call them on 01332 257401 and ask for Mick
Website
Cactus   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 03:09am
Member No: #373
The Europarts part doesn't fit the c6. Trust me. I found out the hard way. Their wishbone doesn't have the 2 holes like the one on the c6. You have to go to the dealer to get those. The re-engineer one cause the c6 levelling to be off. So I wouldn't recommend you taking the risk of wasting your money.
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 08:58am

Just to clarify here guys, Europarts is a different company to Eurocarcare who sell discounted OEM parts - Click Here -
Website
Rog   
Mon Aug 25 2014, 09:06am
Bit of a gap I know, but just to update. I purchased wishbones from citroen and associated add ons as per the parts list. Local garage fitted them no problems, and no issues with height sensors.
I can also concur that eurocarcare are excellent, as a leaky shock was noticed when doing wishbones, and mick got me one 160 quid cheaper than citroen quoted
speedfix   
Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:38am
Member No: #1043
I bought two OEM shocks not from Citroen but from Peugeot at a greatly reduced price, PSA group different price structure.

On different non OEM c6 parts, I was able to buy two fog lights for under £35.00 delivered from Micksgarage.

These can be fitted with the bumper still in place by removing the flasher day running light units and useing a 1/4" "T" bar and torx through the aperture to undo the two screws.
A bit of a fiddle but easy after the first one.
Check the beam adjustment is ok before refitting the lights to the apertures n/s & o/s.

Kaloteck   
Mon Aug 25 2014, 11:05am
Member No: #1271
You guys mean those AMVAR shocks, right ?
Must be pretty expensive, then...
How much are they now ?
I guess they are used only in a C6 and Puegeots 607 ?
Therefore, they must be rare. Any problems with availability on the market ?
Rog   
Mon Aug 25 2014, 12:12pm
I was quoted 360 GBP from citroen, availability didn't seem an issue. Eurocarcare could've got me one next day for around 300, but 200 if I was willing to wait up to 90 days
speedfix   
Mon Aug 25 2014, 01:22pm
Member No: #1043
£262.14 each from Peugeot with discount incl VAT.

Have not fitted them yet as it seems the oil film is just lubrication with no drips.
Maybe the car was not used for a long period if that would make the shocks @ the bottom damp !

Strange that the boot is at the top part of the shock with no cover @ the ram.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club