Haven't bought one yet... but I am close to get one

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Kent407   
Sat May 31 2014, 05:15pm
Member No: #1732
Hello guys,

We haven't bought a C6 yet... however came so close in buying one many times.
I just bought a "close" cousin to the C6 a couple of months ago a Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7 V6 HDI. (55 plate)

I think that end of summer will go for a C6 that engine is a dream to drive.

At the moment I joined the Forum as there are some questions I wanted to ask and everything I have come accross, the same things are used on the C6!

i.e. had some problems with the suspension the height linkages are so easy and prone to snap, rust gets them in a bad way. For the shake of £3.60 more less for each. Best replace the seized ones now before you find your self with a worry that it will cost loads of money.
What amazed me most was that 2 Peugeot dealers I bought the parts from, (i got 1 initially and then bought 4 from another one). Initially they did not know what that part was, thankfully I had accessed the free online Peugeot servicebox and I had the partnumber handy. Apparently both dealers never stocked the item.
And they had to order them in.

Anyhow I will better read the forum and get knowledge

Cheers
Vasilis.
Hattershaun   
Sat May 31 2014, 09:04pm
Member No: #320
Take the plunge, get yourself a good C6 and enjoy!
Kent407   
Sat May 31 2014, 10:07pm
Member No: #1732
I must admit really loved the C5 2.2HDi Exclusive we had ('02) and never gave us amy problems. Apart from the front windows wanting to close when they sensed rain, made me laugh and the light deciding to switch off sometimes in the dark (the sensor had a mind of it's own.).

Now have a little Citroen C3 1.4HDi 92 as a daily car.

Going for a trip across Europe mid of June with the 407 Coupe, I have done everything needed on it (96.000miles) the only thing I need to do is the second gearbox oil change as the changes were a bit ... eehhhmmm thump(ish) after the first change the car transformed, it is now doing a few thumps if pushed. But the shifts are much quicker.

The guide for the gearbox oil changes on here has helped a lot Thanks guys

Once back from holidays will start looking for C6.
Then will have to decide which one of the 6 cars to let go!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club