C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

DIESEL FUEL LEAK at left front injector

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citroenroen1   
Tue Apr 30 2024, 02:44pm
Member No: #5495
WOULD someone know the remedy for a seeping fuel leak by the left front diesel injector?
I clean out / dry out the "valley" and slowly but surely the "valley" in front of that injector fills with diesel fuel .
I have tightened the 2 injector hold-down / fixing bolts, I have checked the metal line to the injector for tightness.

I cannot determine where the fuel is leaking from .

What is the most likely cause of this leak ?
What parts would I need to repair / fix / stop this diesel fuel leak.

Hopefully someone else here has experienced a similar problem and can advise me.
MGmike   
Tue Apr 30 2024, 05:38pm
Member No: #3151
If the high pressure metal line is tight the most likely culprit is the injector return line. It's a plastic line with a metal braided over coat. Part No 1574 E8

If you're very lucky you might get away with replacing the O-ring if you can find a one of a suitable size, they're not sold separately by Citroen.
citroenroen1   
Thu May 02 2024, 05:57pm
does Part # 1574 E8 include o-ring?

I can't see o-rings in the picture of this part.
Will I need 2 of these? one for each side of the V6 ?

Thank you for your assistance!

Where exactly is "O" ring located?

How is "O" ring removed ? I don't have any idea what I need to look at ....
Please help!

Does O ring seal the plastic line with the metal braided where this plastic line connects to fuel injector?

Is it the O ring that is likely leaking or the plastic line with a metal braid?

Thank you.
MGmike   
Fri May 03 2024, 05:23am
citroenroen1 wrote ...

IIRC the o-rings are on the injector.
Only one # 1574 E8 required as it covers both front and rear injectors.
MGmike   
Fri May 03 2024, 05:31am
citroenroen1 wrote ...

Where exactly is "O" ring located?

How is "O" ring removed ? I don't have any idea what I need to look at ....
Please help!

Does O ring seal the plastic line with the metal braided where this plastic line connects to fuel injector?

Is it the O ring that is likely leaking or the plastic line with a metal braid?

Thank you.

Let me check an injector to see if I can get you a picture but...

IIRC the o-ring is on the injector and seals the leak off pipe to the injector. The braiding is simply for pipe protection and is a loose fit over the plastic inner pipe.

You could remove the pipe connection from one of the injectors to see how it's configured. All you need to do is remove the small retaining clip and pull the leak off pipe from the injector.

Be careful not to loose the retaining clip as they are small!

C6Dave   
Fri May 03 2024, 10:22am

Member No: #1
citroenroen1 wrote ...

Don't forget the 2.7 HDi DT17 engine was a joint venture between Ford and PSA group and is used across a wide range of vehicles - Click Here -

Given you're in the USA, you may find Ford / Jaguar / Land Rover AJD-V6 engine parts with more availability (and possibly different part diagrams) as the C6 went out of production in 2010 using the 2.7HDi. In the UK and Europe, some parts are having to be re-manufactured as Citroën doesn't have stock anymore.
Website
citroenroen1   
Fri May 03 2024, 01:21pm
The information regarding the 2.7L diesel being used by other manufacturers is very interesting , however I cannot find any DIESEL 2.7L Ford, Jaguar or Land Rovers that were sold in USA .
Can you tell me what models of these vehicles had the C6 2.7L diesel installed in them ? that were sold in USA?
Your help with this is greatly appreciated . I would be delighted to be able to source parts for my C6 2.7L HDI diesel here is USA.
C6Dave   
Fri May 03 2024, 07:00pm

Member No: #1
citroenroen1 wrote ...

The information regarding the 2.7L diesel being used by other manufacturers is very interesting, however I cannot find any DIESEL 2.7L Ford, Jaguar or Land Rovers that were sold in the USA .......

Not having owned (or been interested in) a Ford product for nearly 40 years now, then I can't really help with that.

However possibly the Land Rover Discovery 3 LR/3, Jag S Type might have been from a Google search, but you're really going to have to do your own research on it, I'm afraid.
Website
citroenroen1   
Sat May 04 2024, 12:19am
Can you get me a picture of the O ring?
I see a metal pipe to the injector : Is there an O ring in there?
Or is there only an O ring on the return line / leak line?
...( which is where you suspect my fuel leak may be coming from.)

I'm still a "little bit in the dark " as to how this all goes together in the C6, but I'm learning with the help of my C6 friends here.
MGmike   
Sat May 04 2024, 05:52am
O-ring is on the leak off pipe not the injector.
If you want to know how to install in, watch this - Click Here -

At 23 mins in he's installing the leak off pipe. If you watch the full series of videos you'll get a complete understanding as to how to rebuild you engine!
citroenroen1   
Sat May 04 2024, 12:29pm
Thanks! That video link from Friday is most helpful : I now understand where the O ring is.

The gentleman in the video says in the video, "IF IT (return line) BREAKS AND DIESEL RUNS OUT, THE CAR BURNS DOWN".

(I wonder how long the previous owner of my C6 drove this C6 with this fuel leak?)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club