C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Clattery noise ...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisHunter   
Sun Mar 02 2014, 04:54pm
Member No: #188
topped-up the screen-wash yesterday & spilt a bit alongside the filling opening, so washed it away with a little water ...

two hours or so later, a few moments after starting-up, and as was about to drive away, a loud clattering noise suddenly came from under the bonnet ...

it sounded a bit like a fan fouling its surround ...

before could open bonnet, to investigate, the noise equally suddenly just stopped ...

and, for the following thirty miles, all seemed fine ...

the night was cold, but not cold enough for frost ...

any thoughts, please ?

PS: just thought, the blue cap that closes the filler opening has gone brittle & a small piece of it cracked-off as I closed it - I thought I'd ended-up with all the pieces in my hand, but maybe I hadn't (it was almost dark, and our car has no under-bonnet lighting) ...
magicands   
Sun Mar 02 2014, 09:06pm
Member No: #1021
My Screen washer cap also broke and I replaced it, they are very brittle.
I also get a noise on start up like a piece of cardboard in a push bike wheel (remember that?)
Not all the time, just if I have not used the car for a couple of days and if it has been wet or damp weather, the sound subsides after a while and I can only assume its something rusting up on a fly wheel which then cleans its self up when I run the car??
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club