C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 2.7 V6 hDi EGR valve

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Adamr100   
Sun Jan 09 2011, 04:11pm
Member No: #337
Where abouts is the EGR valve located. Is it possible to reach it without removing the engine as the garage told me.

Thanks

citrohanc6   
Sun Jan 09 2011, 06:59pm
Member No: #329
Adam,

not the slightest idea where to find them, but there must be two EGR valves on the 2.7.
They are electronic devices.
- Click Here -
Do you intent to remove them?

Winus
Adamr100   
Sun Jan 09 2011, 07:23pm
Yes. I was planning to remove, clean and replace them.

Thanks.
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 09 2011, 07:32pm

Member No: #1
Adamr100 wrote ...

Where abouts is the EGR valve located. Is it possible to reach it without removing the engine as the garage told me.

Thanks

Engine out, not that I can see?

Citroen EGR replacement guide: - Click Here -
Website
Adamr100   
Sun Jan 09 2011, 08:23pm
So the only way is engine out. Those diagrams wernt much use. Thanks anyway.
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 10 2011, 09:17am

Member No: #1
Where does it say 'Remove Engine'? - it says "remove engine cover"

The EGR Valve replacement guide - Click Here - is a step by step 'how to' remove and replace
Website
gmerry   
Mon Jan 10 2011, 04:15pm
Member No: #21
Adam, curious as to why you are planning to remove the EGR valves: are they fouled? non operative?

Is it just a preventative maintenance routine on say a high mileage car?

No doubt, they can be serviced without removing the engine but I'm sure the EGR valve for the rear bank of cylinders at least would require substantial removal of minor components in order to get some access.

Are you aware that the specification of the engine oil has a major effect on the amount of fouling that the EGR valve is likely to see. I posted a photo on this website showing difference between using a low SAPS oil and a standard SAPS oil. - Click Here -

So it's not just the exhaust DPF which should be protected by using the correct ACEA specification lubrication oil.

The reason I mention this is that the Citroen dealers's in my limited experience will probably just slap in their standard oil. It your problem you see if the EGR valve foul because of this.

One other approach which is probably cost effective is to hire or purchase an endoscope and use that to assess the condition of the EGR valve. I would only remove and clean "on condition".

Regards
G
Adamr100   
Mon Jan 10 2011, 04:50pm
Its for a friend, he does 60,000 a year, repping of course.

There is an error on start up saying emissions not omtimised or something, he took it to a Citroen garage and they saif EGR and would be an engine out job, costing £800.00 I said highly unlikely they would be under the engine, hence my post.

Removing minor components isnt a problem, I have a Clio dCi and have serviced that and done many other removals and refitting on components.

Is is possible to do, I have all the tools and we also have a pit in our outbuilding if thats necessary or helps in any way.

Thanks
travlician   
Wed Aug 03 2011, 01:50am
Member No: #350
I tried to get the front EGR out this weekend because of low air flow in the front sensor (P010E and P010F) that remained the same after inter-changing the MAF sensors. Tried to blocking the flow from the front EGR and airflow went up 3 fold and then the rear sensor hardly got flow, hence it's not a turbo problem. When testing the EGR vales with Lexia noticed that the front valve makes a hesitating noise that the rear doesn't.

Symptoms when driving were slow pick-up on accelerating and hesitation at rpms 1400-2000. Anyway, there is a cooling water hose clamped with some plastic from onto the EGR that i couldn't get loose and is not mentioned in the service manual. I stopped there since I didn't have coolant in stock and assumed I need to disconnect the hose in order to get the EGR loose. Can anyone confirm this? And what about a tip to get there without all these scratches on my hands (it hurts!).

For now I put metal plates with 9 4mm holes at each EGR output (reducing the overall flow form the EGR valves) and pickup has greatly improved and hesitation is gone. No service light (yet) but didn't check the Lexia log. Still, I probably want to change the EGR valve in a few months.
Jodyone   
Thu Mar 06 2014, 03:12pm
Member No: #1240
travlician wrote ...

I tried to get the front EGR out this weekend because of low air flow in the front sensor (P010E and P010F) that remained the same after inter-changing the MAF sensors. Tried to blocking the flow from the front EGR and airflow went up 3 fold and then the rear sensor hardly got flow, hence it's not a turbo problem. When testing the EGR vales with Lexia noticed that the front valve makes a hesitating noise that the rear doesn't.

Symptoms when driving were slow pick-up on accelerating and hesitation at rpms 1400-2000. Anyway, there is a cooling water hose clamped with some plastic from onto the EGR that i couldn't get loose and is not mentioned in the service manual. I stopped there since I didn't have coolant in stock and assumed I need to disconnect the hose in order to get the EGR loose. Can anyone confirm this? And what about a tip to get there without all these scratches on my hands (it hurts!).

For now I put metal plates with 9 4mm holes at each EGR output (reducing the overall flow form the EGR valves) and pickup has greatly improved and hesitation is gone. No service light (yet) but didn't check the Lexia log. Still, I probably want to change the EGR valve in a few months.

Hi travlician do you have any more info or pictures of this modification? I'm interested in doing the same, potentially. I have an occasional "depollution system faulty" alert that I haven't yet managed to catch with the lexia before it clears, and the car hesitates on a low throttle at 1500-2000 rpm. I started to inspect the front egr valve, but stopped at the same coolant hose!

Edit- sorry for the gravedigging- didn't realise the thread was so old..!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club