C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello from Hertfordshire

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Goons   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 01:32pm
Member No: #145
At last, i have found you all, i wondered where all the C6 owners were hiding, aside from some rather difficult French forums, i thought i was all alone.

If you see a storm grey exclusive running around south Herts, that's probably me that is. Proud owner of an 07 for the last 10 months, and confirmed citroen fanboy. The wife had a C8 at the time and i was envious of the big sparkling C6 in the showroom since i first clapped eyes on it. Once i had got rid of my VW Phaeton (another wonderful car, but i got fed up with sending the tax man my pay check directly) i set about finding my C6, and i was lucky enough to have a pre launch model for the day thanks to a very persuasive phone call to Citroen UK back in 2006, fell in love with everything about it, and in another couple of years i will be after a 3.0 HDI to feed my addiction.

In all the time i have been driving the C6, i have never, ever, seen another C6..the only time i have has been in either the wifes car or a hire car, so if you are a fellow owner and for no apparent reason a bloke with a beard starts waving like a lunatic in St Albans....its me.

Hope i dont take up too much space in the forums, and i will be sure to leave my boots at the door.
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 03:38pm

Member No: #1
Welcome and your not alone

We have 30+ actual C6 owners on site already (reminds me I need to check the current total)

Edit: actually we have 54 actual owners now including some from Norway, Sweden, Ireland and Australia.
Website
gmerry   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 04:25pm
Member No: #21
Hi Goons, I'm up here in Aberdeen Scotland which is not a big place but I regularly see 3 of them on the roads around where I live. So there must be some more about where you live.

Tip, to see how many of the 2007 pre June registrations are about, check out the DVLA MOT test statistics out. Will also tell you what they fail on.

Regards
smorphet   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 05:09pm
Member No: #88
Hello Goons. I am in Redbourn. I have spotted one or two C6s in the area, but no regular sightings. I'm not an owner yet, but hoping to remedy that very soon. In the meantime, you're very welcome to start waving at red Pluriels.
Trainman   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 05:09pm

Member No: #86
to one of one of the more elite Citroen ownerships
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:06pm

Member No: #1
gmerry wrote ...

Tip, to see how many of the 2007 pre June registrations are about, check out the DVLA MOT test statistics out. Will also tell you what they fail on.

Regards

I had a link once to that site for the C4 but have miss laid it, can you provide any more info?
Website
michaelb   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:44pm
Member No: #14
Goons wrote ...
Once i had got rid of my VW Phaeton (another wonderful car, but i got fed up with sending the tax man my pay check directly)

Welcome. I'd be interested in reading more of your views on the Phaeton. Surely the road tax isn't much different to the C6?
capt109   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 09:41pm
Member No: #47
Welcome to the forums

I use the M1 most days on my commute from Kettering to Watford, so if you see me in a Storm Grey C6 with private plate, give me a wave.

The Phaeton was one of the other cars I looked at but just the cost of the front brake pads at around £400 put me off, but it did have some very good reviews.
tonyrome   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 06:31am
Member No: #15
gmerry wrote ...
to see how many of the 2007 pre June registrations are about, check out the DVLA MOT test statistics out. Will also tell you what they fail on.

The sites I checked didn't even list the C6! I'd be very surprised if there are many failures, though. Mine has had 2 MoTs and sailed straight through both with no problems or even any warnings. If I bought a car and it failed its first or second MoT, I'd be very concerned about long-term ownership!
Goons   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 10:00am
Thanks for the warm welcome one and all.

Having said in my first post that i have yet to see another C6 while i am in mine, naturally i was on the M25 going clockwise at junction 21 this monring and saw a lovely Black exclusive on a 59 plate serenly cruising past me as i was coming off, so if thats yours the storm grey was mine.

The issue with the Phaeton wasn't so much the road tax as the company car tax, although VW where doing great deals on the car, the fact that the taxman hit me for full retail price made it the most expensive car i have ever owned. I had it on contract and at the end of 3 years and 32k miles they offered it for sale at £15k i offered £12 and they turned it down, i beleive it made £9 at auction so guess somebody is laughing at VW right now.

It was a wonderful car, just jaw droppingly competent at everything it did. Better 4 wheel drive system than my previous X5s, would cruise in near silence at more than double the legal limit, was incredibly comfortable and as my dad told me, never drive a dull car...it was never dull.

On the minus side, it had the worst satnav system i have ever used, i mean not as good as google maps on a blackberry, not as good as a map book, not as good as a vague guess based on which side of the tree moss grows on and following migratory birds. It got me lost looking for Stockport once, and Stockport isnt a small place. Also the in built telephone failed to work after 6 months and they never repaired it, the tyres cost a fortune, and the idea of getting a new exhaust made me go pale with fear. The real problem for them is that VW UK never wanted it, the dealers only tolerate it so they can sell the Tuareg, they dont like selling them, they hate servicing them and they dont like the owners. I had to threaten all sorts of nasty stuff to Milton Keynes UKHQ in order to get them to follow through on their promises and it did spoil the ownership experience.

Having said all of that i have a friend who runs an Mercedes S600 which he got for a song and he is seriously looking at getting a W12 Phaeton once somebody else has swallowed the depreciation.

The only thing it really lacked was soul. I drive a C6, it owns me.
tonyrome   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 11:10am
Member No: #15
Goons wrote ...
The issue with the Phaeton wasn't so much the road tax as the company car tax,

This is a pretty substantial problem with any large, expensive car, though, including the C6, thanks to massive depreciation and big reductions on new purchases. Benefit in kind is always based on full retail price, plus options, so you're paying far too much tax. I looked at converting my 4 year old C6 into a company car and the cost per month was ridiculous, considering the value of the car.

Meanwhile, a brand new Prius would cost me £68 a month for absolutely everything, including fuel for personal use! That's the cost a single tank of fuel and, in return, everything from servicing to repairs to insurance, MoT, fuel, even a valet, is covered within that £68! Bargain.

Goons wrote ...
they offered it for sale at £15k i offered £12

Well, offering £12 for a car worth £15,000 is a bit on the low side

Goons wrote ...
would cruise in near silence at more than double the legal limit

That's the bit I like the sound of
Goons   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 11:36am
To be fair, the £12 included the spare change in the ashtray...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club