C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Cabin steaming up when recycling cabin air

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
snookesy   
Sat Jan 18 2014, 06:58pm
Member No: #600
With air set to auto external traffic fumes get into the cabin although the owners handbook suggests otherwise. Does anyone know why auto doesn't filter it or how I can stop the cabin steaming up when recycling air.
JPV   
Sun Jan 19 2014, 12:22am
Member No: #606
Not much help to you, but EVERY car I have ever had has steamed up when recycling interior air.
smihaialex   
Sun Jan 19 2014, 01:20am
Member No: #1031
I confirm. Every car I have ever driven steams up if recirculation is enabled and conditions for condensation are met - humidity and temperature difference.

As for the intelligent auto mode filtering, I don't know how/if it works, but it cannot prevent some of the smell from getting inside the cabin.

I mean, let's say that it employs an air quality sensor able to detect harmful gas. And let's say that this sensor is located inside the air pipes inside the dash in the cabin, past the carbon filter. Some of the harmful gasses still have to get in before this sensor can detect them and activate recirculation or whatever it is that it does So you'd still smell some of it, but hopefully not all of it.

Now, ideally, there should also be a message on the main display, saying something like poor air quality detected. air circulation enabled, or something like that, and also, the light on the dash above the recirculation should light up.

But I've never seen any of this happen, so I don't really know actually how/if it works

Cheerios,
Sam

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club