Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Winter Wheels TPMS sensors, not recognised...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
smihaialex   
Tue Dec 03 2013, 12:02pm
Member No: #1031
Hey there fellas,

Last week I switched back to my winter wheels, which have there own Rivazza 17" alloys and their own TPMS sensors - 2 of which are new (January 2013).

Immediately after the switch they seemed to work (especially since I put the wheels in exactly the same place), so as I left the wheel shop, I was very happy that all lights were green and OK beside every wheel on the main screen.

However, the next day or the day after that, the lights turned from green to a blinking orange and no OK next to the wheels.

There's no beep or error message, but they're not recognised either, and I can't seem to get the car to automatically recognise them.

Ideas?!?

Thank you,
Sam
gmerry   
Tue Dec 03 2013, 03:01pm
Member No: #21
Hi Sam, this has been covered before. Basically because they are used sensors and because they have been subject to pressure and g-forces, you will need to force the system to recognise them. You will need an external exciter (ATEQVT15 for example) plus follow Lexia procedure.

Regards
G

Note, there may be too many sensors for the system to handle. Delete the IDs of the sensors you no longer have.
smihaialex   
Tue Dec 03 2013, 03:34pm
Member No: #1031
Thanks G,

Well, there are 9 slots for TPMS sensors to be set-up in DiagBox/Lexia. The winter wheels' sensors (i.e., the current sensors, the ones that are not being recognised) were the first sensors that the car was programmed with, occupying the first 4 slots.

The summer wheels' sensors came later, occupying the next 4 slots.

And the car has seen no other sensors in the meantime, so that should exclude the possibility of an overwrite, right?

Also, one other question that remains is - why did they actually work for the 1st day or two?!?

And finally, even if I do decide to go to a Citroen car service equipped with DiagBox/Lexia, they need to take the tyres off the alloys in order to read the codes of the sensors and have them inputed again in the DiagBox/Lexia TPMS dedicated screen, right? Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having two separate sets of wheels instead of using the same alloys with two sets of tyres, right?

Or is there a way to do this without having access to the sensors? I read somewhere that inflating to a pressure of 3.7 bar was useful for something, but I can't remember what?

Thank you.

Cheerios,
Sam
gmerry   
Tue Dec 03 2013, 04:16pm
Member No: #21
Hi Sam, there is a routine in Lexia to force the ECU to read each sensor ID, wheel by wheel, and asign it to the correct wheel. There is no need to remove the rubber to read the sensor.

The tools needed are Lexia, a tyre sensor Exciter (ATEQ VT15 or equivalent) and an airline to pump the tyre to 3.7 bar. You need all three.

In my experience, the ECU gets very confused when there are multiple sensors present on the system and I had the same 2 day delay.

Regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club