LHD 2.7 C6 on eBay... Low miles!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Barchettaman   
Thu Dec 12 2013, 04:35pm
Member No: #1512
Afternoon all, first post on here.
I saw this LHD on evilBay and am seriously tempted. I'd go over to the UK & drive it back to base here in Germany.
Any thoughts amongst the cognescenti? It looks pretty good at £6750.

Thanks in advance!
Simon

- Click Here -

jacktherev   
Thu Dec 12 2013, 05:54pm
Member No: #1423
Simon, yeah I saw it and it certainly has low miles if the number is genuine. I would certainly suit someone like you as folk in the UK would be reluctant to buy a left hands car for driving here. Best of luck the C6 is a super car.
Jack
smihaialex   
Thu Dec 12 2013, 06:39pm
Member No: #1031
Seems very very nice and the price is... OMG You should expect to change ball joints and frip joints, as well as brake fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil & filters, but that won't be more than 350€ or something like that, so, I would definitely go check it out and if it drives well and the engine has a round sound and gearbox changes are smooth, I'd get it and never look back

Regards,
Sam
Barchettaman   
Fri Dec 13 2013, 01:00am
Thanks for the advice guys!
Trainman   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:41pm

Member No: #86
Bear in mind, being a 2006 car it will have the RT3 satnav, (Navigation on CD) and also a 6 disc CD changer in the boot
e3steve   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 05:31pm
Member No: #1163
Low miles, but a grand too expensive for a rhd, let alone a leftie.

As a rhd I'd take a chance at £6k, tops; for a lhd for continental use it's worth whatever someone will pay, I guess....
Barchettaman   
Sun Dec 15 2013, 09:47pm
A combination of a strong euro, weak pound, utterly ridiculous second hand priced in Germany and an unscratched itch for a French luxo-barge bring this one into view.

The potential bork factor of 8-year old electrical systems scares me.

The reputation that the auto box has for expensive failure puts me off.

Maybe I'm just not brave enough. Certainly at nearly £7k....
smihaialex   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 08:57am
So, let me get this straight... You think, 6,750 is too high a price to pay for this baby?!? I don't know how you do your math, but it probably cost 10 times as much 30K miles ago, so, I don't know...

Besides, a car with at least twice the mileage goes for at least 9,000 EUR in the EU, so...

Cheers,
Sam

Barchettaman   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 10:54am
Morning Sam,
I didn´t say it was too expensive - e3steve made a comment in relation to RHD C6 prices in the UK.
I see what you mean, but as I say, I´m not *that* worried about the purchase price, more about having potential €1000s needing doing in the first year or two of ownership that´s putting me off.
€6750 is what, €8000 in ´real money´ at the moment.
I would have to factor in:
1) cost of going to get it and bring it back to DE
2) cost of re-registering it - new papers and TüV
3) any work it may need doing for the German emission control test.
4) a full service and inspection at BL Autos
5) a remap at Angel Tuning

On the positive side:
1) I reckon it´s going to sit at that garage for a while as the C6 isn´t most people´s first choice as a LHD vehicle in the UK, so I reckon I would be able to knock something off the purchase price.

So that´s how I ´do my math´. HTH
drummond   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:11pm
Member No: #238
Well, I think that it's a good, although not great, price. Indeed, I would have it for France, and as it has a French registration, so much the better.

Nevertheless, I bought mine from a Citroen dealer as much as anything for the Citroen warranty. (And I paid a Citroen rather than a private price for it!)
Barchettaman   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:24pm
For those amongst you who bought their C6´s second-hand (and I´m assuming that´s everyone)

-would you regard the mileage of an 8-yr-old C6 with only 27k miles as a positive or a negative? I know, buy on condition and all that. But would there be a major downside to that mileage, assuming it´s genuine? Would all that sitting around have knackered the hydraulics in the suspension, for example?

Or am I (as usual) just asking another daft question?
citrohanc6   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:56pm
Member No: #329
Hi all,
from memory (C6 meeting in the Netherlands): you can't lower the mileage.
It is registered in the BSI. If you put another display with a lower mileage in situ it will show the correct mileage according to the BSI and even worse it will continue showing this after its mounted in a lower mileage car. So be prudent with a swap, even for a trail.
regards,
Winus
smihaialex   
Tue Dec 17 2013, 07:47am
It can't be done without messing up the computer - plenty have tried and suffered the consequences

Also, if you stumble upon a Citroën C5 or C6 that has been messed with in the miles department, you will know, as there will be more niggles hinting towards the fact that someone has been tampering with the computer...

As for the initial question, lower mileage is always a good thing, at least as far as important components go. Sure, rubber bushes, belts, fluids and all other stuff will degrade over time regardless of usage/mileage, but the chassis, the engine, the transmission, and all other parts subject to metal fatigue due to heavy use, as well as the electric and electronic systems will be in a much better condition due to low mileage.

Cheerios,
Sam
Barchettaman   
Wed Dec 18 2013, 09:53am
The car has been sold, hopefully the new owner enjoys it!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club