creaks and squeaks. Interior noises

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ashnehmet   
Fri Oct 04 2013, 10:17pm
Member No: #1282
Hello
My otherwise perfect early C6 (2.7 Exclusive) is annoying me with squeaks and creaking noises, coming for multiple locations inside the car. This happens when the road surface is less than smooth. Unfortunately, the long road to my house isn't particularly smooth.

I've asked my daughter to move around trying to identify there the worst offenders are coming from, whilst I drive, but she can't. As I'm the only driver of the car, I can't really be leaning over the passenger seat, or the back, to try and listen to locate.

Has anyone any ideas on likely culprit areas, and what I might do about it.
Does anyone have experience of their own cars, in locating annoying interior noises.

Thanks
Ash
C6Dave   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 06:30am

Member No: #1
Arm rest is known to squeak, apart from that I have not had any issues personally.

Rattles can be loose wiring behind the door cards.

Website
cruiserphil   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 09:20am

Member No: #38
Tweeter speaker covers can vibrate. I have to deal with one today.

Regards,

Phil C.
gmerry   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 06:49pm
Member No: #21
I had a very loud buzz/rattle coming from the dash: my son tracked it down and found that the rear view mirror casing was coming apart. A good thump had it back together and cured.

Regards
G
BruceB   
Sun Oct 06 2013, 10:00am
Member No: #234
ashnehmet wrote ...
My otherwise perfect early C6 (2.7 Exclusive) is annoying me with squeaks and creaking noises, coming for multiple locations inside the car.
The doors' storage bins can move fractionally in the guides. I have found, for example, that bracing the driver's bin tight up to the arm-rest can stop the problem.
magicands   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 02:05pm
Member No: #1021
My drivers door squeaks right by my ear when in cold temperatures, its been fine all summer but has started niggling away again.
If I push my elbow into the top right of the door card whilst driving then it stops, but, as soon as I move my elbow away its back again.
I assume its clips talking/rubbing together but yet again very frustrating.
If I were a French President I would have asked for a Jag by now, or a large hammer.
Website
ashnehmet   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 07:40pm
Member No: #1282
Hello. Thanks for everyone suggestions.
I have identified where I think most are coming from.
The squeaks are coming from rubber rubbing against rubber at the bottom of the seat belts near the door pillars. I'm not sure what to do here, I'll try a rubber lubricant first and see if that helps.
And the creaks are coming from a loose door panel at rear. I may have to take that off and and reset properly. I think there is a download of instructions on site on how to do this. I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.

That should take care of most of them, then I can home in if any minor noises remain.

Thanks
Ash

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club