C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello from Oslo

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cvandonderen   
Thu Sep 19 2013, 10:11pm
Member No: #1439
I think we must be the some of the youngest C6 owners around (25 and 29 years old) and chose the car because we have lived in Norway for about 3 years now and had never been outside Oslo. I wanted something somewhat more comfy for the abysmal quality of the Norwegian roads, so that basically left only a French car

We got our C6 (Thorium Gray, 2007 2.7 HDi) about 2 months ago now. It's a car that came from Germany and was just recently imported.

I had posted some pictures on Jalopnik already, which you can find here.

The things I'm wondering about is if our car is very winter proof. It does not look like we have to snow screen, and I read on here that there is an extra heater available for winter? The car is in a 'heated' basement garage (above freezing at least, maybe 5 degrees), so would I need anything else?

I read the transmission oil replacement thread and I think I might want to try that. How much would that cost at a dealership in for example the UK?
Tjensen   
Thu Sep 19 2013, 11:06pm
Member No: #954

Congratulation ! Super car for long drives on Norwegian roads and in hard weather. Comfortable, safe and relaxing in any condition !

Underbody treatment as soon as possible (=before the winter) and choose a place with good reputation. Main structural parts are galvanized (i think) but a lot of details: screws, tubing, suspension parts etc are not protected. Citroen has the same standard as other brands, but it is not a good standard.

And buy the plastic shield for winter use on the grille.

jacktherev   
Sun Sep 22 2013, 07:42pm
Member No: #1423
Wow what a beautiful looking car and I wish you many safe and happy miles/kms with it. I am looking for one but don't seem to be able to find one and would love one like yours. Thanks for sharing the pics with his they made me envious.
e3steve   
Tue Sep 24 2013, 09:17pm
Member No: #1163
Fabulous! Looks like it's in lovely order.

Welcome to the madhouse!
smihaialex   
Mon Sep 30 2013, 09:24pm
Member No: #1031
Wow! Car looks amazing and @ 80.000 Km it's like brand new Congrats!

Sam

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club