C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Emergency escape tips needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PercyPorcelain   
Fri Jun 12 2015, 05:19pm
Member No: #2027
Anyone read that awful story in the press last week about the American guy who died with his dog in a locked Corvette because the battery was dead and he couldn't open his electric windows? I realise it was Texas or somewhere with extreme heat, nevertheless it got me thinking about the C6's laminated side windows, good to prevent break-ins but possibly not so good for break-outs? In the unlikely event of getting trapped in my C6 with a flat battery, has anyone any tips?
Jarecki   
Sat Jun 13 2015, 08:32pm
Member No: #2069
Calm down... even the battery is flat, or disconnected, you can open the door, mechanical connections of lock still works, but the windows or its frame can be little bit scratched or broken.
Tjensen   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 09:44am
Member No: #954
Do the drivers' door have some kind of mechanism that allow opening without breaking anything ? It is the closing after that breaks Windows ?
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 03:56pm

Member No: #1
You can open the doors with the windows closed but you can't close them or it will break the glass.
Website
magicands   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 05:17pm
Member No: #1021
C6Dave wrote ...

You can open the doors with the windows closed but you can't close them or it will break the glass.

This is correct as the window solenoid cuts in and lowers the glass by about 5 or 6mm

I know one thing though, I'm not going to open a door from inside or outside the vehicle with a flat battery unless the glass has already been lowered slightly!
Website
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 07:05pm

Member No: #1
magicands wrote ...

This is correct as the window solenoid cuts in and lowers the glass by about 5 or 6mm

I know one thing though, I'm not going to open a door from inside or outside the vehicle with a flat battery unless the glass has already been lowered slightly!

Why is it that you don't believe anything anyone tells you.

The window glass will flex enough to allow the doors to open with it fully raised.

Apart from which if you were trapped inside a car with a flat battery would you really be concerned about breaking the glass to get out or the fire brigade having to cut the roof off...........
Website
magicands   
Mon Jun 15 2015, 11:44am
Member No: #1021

[/quote1434308551]
Why is it that you don't believe anything anyone tells you.

The window glass will flex enough to allow the doors to open with it fully raised.

Apart from which if you were trapped inside a car with a flat battery would you really be concerned about breaking the glass to get out or the fire brigade having to cut the roof off...........
[/quote1434368506]

Why do you always get so DEFENSIVE?
I was agreeing with you and my comment about not opening the doors was tongue in cheek but you obviously don't understand humour
Website
travlician   
Mon Jun 15 2015, 05:58pm
Member No: #350
Hm, do I hear a free ticket to get a C6 cabrio??

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club