C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Removing the display

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Lars of Sweden   
Wed Jul 03 2013, 08:42am
Member No: #991
I need to remove the large display to change it. I'm working on putting in a RT5 instead of the RT3 I have. Managed to unhook the right front corner of the plastic over the display, but then I'm stuck. Anybody got any good hints? Yes, I have the "lousy" pdf for it "remove the xxx by using tool 1" but remove HOW?
Lars of Sweden   
Wed Jul 24 2013, 05:34am
Since my last post I have managed to unhook both front corners, the middle still i stuck. But I also got the back unhooked and can twist the cover enough to access the screws enough I think. Will try to take some photos to show this!
m3mpower   
Thu Aug 01 2013, 03:19am
Member No: #662
Lars of Sweden wrote ...

I need to remove the large display to change it. I'm working on putting in a RT5 instead of the RT3 I have. Managed to unhook the right front corner of the plastic over the display, but then I'm stuck. Anybody got any good hints? Yes, I have the "lousy" pdf for it "remove the xxx by using tool 1" but remove HOW?

Maybe it's too late but just in case...

Website
Lars of Sweden   
Thu Aug 01 2013, 08:58am
Nice pictures m3mpower! At the moment my car is in my garage since it's leaking LDS... But will try to get the display out later. Still not managed to get the "hood" lose from the bottom, middle, thing, but can at least reach the screws on the displays.
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Sun Aug 11 2013, 12:53pm
Member No: #615
If your car is a 2006, then you already have a display with an electrical interface (and not an optical interface)and you do not need to change when changing to a RT5 system, unless you want to upgrade to a Hi-Res display from eg a 2009 (late) Peugeot 407 screen. You can un-connect the connectors from the top panel to free the space to remove the display by the way.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club