C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 HDi Engine Data Sheet Quality Sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Fri May 07 2010, 03:11pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, I've posted a copy of a datasheet or specs for the 2.7HDi engine, at least in the original trim for the S-type application.

There is reference to a sensor which measures level, temperature and quality of the lube oil. Does anyone know if the PSA installation has the same sensor and how to interrogate the "quality" part. I guess I'm looking for someone with Lexia to answer this.

Regards

hdiv6.doc

urb   
Sun May 09 2010, 08:36pm
Member No: #26
Couldn`t find the answer for you ( don`t have a diesel).

Could only find this:

And below could be measured

gmerry   
Wed May 12 2010, 10:13pm
Member No: #21
Urb, thanks for looking into this. Apart from difference between petrol and diesel engines, does the oil wear indicator number infer any "quality" parameter directly measured, or is it just a number derived from an algorithm (number of starts, number of operating hours, number of cold operating hours etc). I guess this is just a little rhetorical.

However I do know that Delphi amongst other manufacture oil quality sensors. It measures the change in conductivity and dielectric strength as the TBN gets consumed, soot increases. It's also a warning sensor in case of coolant into the oil.

Regards

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club