C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

48 Shades Fewer

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FCM   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 01:35pm
Member No: #866
Can anyone explain to me the difference between the colours Storm Grey and Fulminator Grey, please? I had it in my mind (see my sign-off) that my car is Storm Grey (I'm sure someone told me that or I read it somewhere when buying the car last year) but looking at the paint code on the door pillar label I see that it is EYPC which corresponds in the table on this Forum to Fulminator Grey. The code for Storm Grey isn't in the table so I can't cross-check that way. The two colours are present in the pictures above the table and look pretty similar - what actually is the difference (which is lighter/darker)? Can anyone tell which mine is from the avatar picture alongside? My car's build date is 11/05/2007. Cheers FCM
Escargot6010   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 01:50pm
Member No: #39
Storm Grey and Fulminator Grey are probably one and the same - the verb 'fulminer' in French means 'to thunder forth' which I'm sure you'll agree could also be translated as 'to storm'.
Code, as you say, is EYPC.
Hattershaun   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 01:54pm
Member No: #320
These two colours are the same, English and French name.
verycleverman   
Sat Mar 09 2013, 02:08am
Member No: #65
Hattershaun wrote ...

These two colours are the same, English and French name.

Not necessarily so. My first C5 was 'Gris Orage'or Thunderstorm Grey.
Having said that, my second one was 'Cool Mint', not the 'Icelandic Green' I thought I had bought!

Pete
pclark   
Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:54am
Member No: #3
Shaun is correct Fulminator Grey is the same as Storm Grey. I used to have a C5 in Icelandic Grey - it looked more pale blue than grey to me!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club