Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 Front seatbelts ruin the B pillar’s fabric

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Adrian   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 09:31pm
Member No: #150
I am a C6 owner since July 2006 and I’m very happy with this car.

Still, I have a “small” problem regarding both B pillars. After two years (2008 and aprox. 40,000 km), I had to change the interior B pillar’s fabric because, when I put the seatbelt on, this ruined it.

I made a note to the Citroen Representative in Bucharest, Romania, and they change the B pillar’s fabric as a commercial act and not as a warranty problem.

Now, after two years (2010 and 75,000 km), the situation is the same. So I made another note to the Citroen Representative in Romania in which I insisted that this is a design problem and, because my warranty will expire in two months, I asked them to change the fabric again as a warranty problem.

They said that they studied all the service reviews and no C6 owners reported this kind of problem so … there is no problem.
Is there anybody who has the same problem or am I the only one in the world with it?

PS. My original pillar’s color is beige. Now is a combination of beige and black
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 09 2010, 09:55pm

Member No: #1
I know your first language won't be English so when you say 'fabric' it's a bit confusing as I understood that they were moulded plastic (to dark to go and check now)

Maybe if you posted a picture so we could see the issue?

(use the 'Post Reply' button to get the file attachment option)
Website
tonyrome   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 06:48am
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
I know your first language won't be English so when you say 'fabric' it's a bit confusing as I understood that they were moulded plastic

No, he is correct. The material covering the B-pillar, where the seat belt hangs, is a light-coloured fabric, the same as the material used on the A-pillars. At least it is on the Exclusive, although I'd be surprised if Citroen used plastic for any of the C6s!
Adrian   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 09:05am
Thank you tonyrome.
You are right.
The material covering the B-pillar is a beige fabric as you can see in the pictures.

tonyrome   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 11:00am
Member No: #15
Adrian wrote ...
The material covering the B-pillar is a beige fabric as you can see in the pictures.

That does look very bad! I meant to say that my car is 4 years old and also has beige fabric (with black seat belts) but I haven't noticed anything like the same problem you have.
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 01:06pm

Member No: #1
Sorry I hadn't taken any real notice so went and had a look and the lignages have the same fabric trim on the B Pillar.

Saying that my car is low mileage (15,000) so there is no wear showing.
Website
gmerry   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 04:52pm
Member No: #21
My selt belt doesn't even contact the cloth when in use. Is your seat in a forward position?

Regards
urb   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 09:27pm
Member No: #26
A person who uses the C6 as a taxi here in Sweden reported this.

He mounted a self-made protection which he attached to the pillar.

Planning to do the same when it's getting a bit dirty on the pillar from the seat belt.

The wear can depend on how you do when you put your belt on.
Trainman   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 06:04am

Member No: #86
I checked mine last night and it doesn't appear damaged, it is filthy though, where the belt comes out of the pillar, but thereagain, mine is nearly 5 years old.....
Adrian   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 11:45am
urb wrote ...

A person who uses the C6 as a taxi here in Sweden reported this.

He mounted a self-made protection which he attached to the pillar.

Planning to do the same when it's getting a bit dirty on the pillar from the seat belt.

The wear can depend on how you do when you put your belt on.

Yes, this is a “solution” but considering that my car cost 55.000 Euro I don’t want to use a self-made protection.
I think the solution is that every C6 owner who has this problem should report it and the manufacturer (Citroen) to solve it like they did when they design the new C5.
Otherwise we have to change the B pillar fabric every two years, on our money.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club