C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Ambient door lighting on my Lignage?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
magicands   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 05:28pm
Member No: #1021
Hi all, just aquired a 2007 Lignage with Sat Nav and I can clearly see that the 4 doors also have the ambient lighting tubes fitted.

Question is this " Are they wired up or is this something only found on the exclusive as I can't get them to illuminate at all?"

If they only work on the exclusive then its a costly affair for Citroen fitting the LED tubes on all models and not bothering to connect them to a power supply?

If they do not illuminate then how do I see all the window, mirrors and seat buttons at night, also the suspension and sport/snow mode buttons do not illuminate either............

I find this strange as my last car a vauxhall Omega had everything lit up?
Thanks,
Gary
Website
Trainman   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:06pm

Member No: #86
Gary,

None of my buttons on the gearbox light up, they haven't on either of my two C6's.

As for the ambient lighting, it can be quite dull, depending on the colour of the interior, having said that it only works at night anyway.
gmerry   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:29pm
Member No: #21
Hi Magicands, my lignage has the ambient door lighting but it is only really noticeable when the instrument dimmer is turned up.

For the switches on the gear shifter, they do have a "braille" imprint so just let your fingers get used to their position and keep your eyes on the road (or headup).

Regards
G
FCM   
Mon Sep 17 2012, 08:19pm
Member No: #866
gmerry wrote ...

Hi Magicands, my lignage has the ambient door lighting but it is only really noticeable when the instrument dimmer is turned up.

For the switches on the gear shifter, they do have a "braille" imprint so just let your fingers get used to their position and keep your eyes on the road (or headup).

Regards
G

As it happens, I noticed both these features when doing my first bit of serious night driving last week - the door lighting is indeed rather dim unless the instrument lighting is turned up (and too bright!); the PRND (or whatever) is rather alarmingly not illuminated at night, although the actual mode selected appears in the instrument panel. It doesn't tell you which way to move the lever though - I think I must be a "manual" man at heart as I've never had a problem shifting between 12345(6)R in the dark!!

Speaking of lights and the dark, anyone know the designation of the set of replacement bulbs? These seem to be designated H1, H2, (have I remembered the letter right?) etc? I had planned to pick one up in France last week (where I assume C6's are more common - although I spotted only one other all week) but the only time I had a chance the shop (Carrefour) did not have the index sheet matching these designations to the car. I was a bit worried the rest of the time about whether or not the car was going to start when I went back to it (see separate thread)!

also on lights, and picking up on something I raised before, I found the stick-on circular beam "adjusters", bought at Halfords, seemed to work fine to block the dip to the left - and they peeled off perfectly afterwards, whilst waiting for the Tunnel train to carry me back to the UK!
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 18 2012, 06:03am

Member No: #1
Bulb types are all listed here: - Click Here -
Website
magicands   
Sat Sep 22 2012, 06:12pm
[quote]
Gary,

None of my buttons on the gearbox light up, they haven't on either of my two C6's.

According to the handbook when you press the sport suspension button it should glow Orange, mine does not.
Website
magicands   
Sat Sep 22 2012, 06:15pm

I'm confused that Citroen have obviously with the use of the Head up display tried to keep drivers eyes on the road but not being able to locate a switch for sport mode or suspension changes is pretty bad really, the entire area around the gearshift should be illuminated.
Website
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 06:54am

Gearbox and suspension mode buttons do light up on my Exclusive, can't remember if they did on the Lignage, though don't see why they wouldn't.

Sounds like you need to investigate the fuses/bulbs

Actual gear selector is not necessary as there are only 4 positions it can be in and you can see what position it is in clearly on the dashboard.
Website
magicands   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 01:08pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Gearbox and suspension mode buttons do light up on my Exclusive, can't remember if they did on the Lignage, though don't see why they wouldn't.

Sounds like you need to investigate the fuses/bulbs

Actual gear selector is not necessary as there are only 4 positions it can be in and you can see what position it is in clearly on the dashboard.

I think the biggest problem with the C6 and the users manuals is that they are none specific, the mauals assume that every car has every feature, eg, ambient door lighting, bluetooth, electric rear seats, when clearly this is not the case. The Lignage also comes in different guises, eg, with or without Sat Nav and seat heaters........Citroen should make all models like for like or at least put an asterix against descriptions in the users guides that maybe optional?
Website
Trainman   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 05:08pm

I double checked last night on mine, and yes the buttons DO light up, however, when pressing the sport suspension button, I get 'crossed' shock absorbers illuminated on the dashboard.

Changing the 'sport' button on the gearbox gets me a 'S' in a circle inside an oval
magicands   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 06:20pm
Trainman wrote ...

I double checked last night on mine, and yes the buttons DO light up, however, when pressing the sport suspension button, I get 'crossed' shock absorbers illuminated on the dashboard.

Changing the 'sport' button on the gearbox gets me a 'S' in a circle inside an oval

Hi Steve, are they permanently illuminated at night or do they only illuminate when the button is activated?
Thanks,
Gary
Website
Trainman   
Sun Sep 23 2012, 06:23pm

Gary,

I've just 'nipped out' and fired the car up, the light on the gearbox come on once the engine is running, however, the auto headlights came on so that could be another reason as well.
Dan595   
Wed Sep 26 2012, 05:23pm
Member No: #299
The suspension control buttons by the gearstick light up on my car (manual gearbox). I think they'd be easy to find even if they weren't illuminated - and use of them is confirmed by messages on the screen (up/down in progress) or dashboard (sports suspension).
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 26 2012, 05:33pm

Don't think he believes us as he has started a new thread on it: - Click Here -
Website
cruiserphil   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 02:56pm

Member No: #38
Magicands,

Just saw your recent comment on the ambient lighting in a different thread and thought - Did you have a door card off to see if the LED is fitted in the end of the light tube and not hanging behind the door card? To remove the door card fully you have to unclip the LED holder from the tube. Is it possible the door cards were off in its history and the LED's were not refitted???

Just a thought!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club