C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Bad Brakes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bdeithrick   
Fri Mar 26 2010, 07:30pm
Member No: #70
I have looked for a brakes thread but cant find one.

I have very vague brakes , im not to confident with them,, the car will stop when peddle is pushed hard, but they are worse than my old 98 E300TD.
would you suggest just a bleed and new pads, i have plenty on them ... OR
The download i read where they fitted a vacuum pipe into the servo unit. Is this my problem? this work is not done on my car.. ?

Has anyone else got brakes that are Merde. the peddle will travel a good inch before i feel some resistance.
tonyrome   
Fri Mar 26 2010, 08:41pm
Member No: #15
My C6 had the brake recall you refer to last year but they didn't find the problem on my car, so I can't advise whether it's the cause of your problem. However, you should go to the dealer asap to check it out, as it could be. I'm surprised you haven't heard anything from your local dealer, though. I think they should have contacted you directly about this recall. The dealer here in Germany contacted me, even though mine is a UK car, to ask me to bring it in to be checked!
C6Dave   
Fri Mar 26 2010, 11:44pm

Member No: #1
The brakes are progressive and have 'brake assist' in an emergency stop situation plus the gearbox will down shift to add engine braking

No they aren't as 'sharp' as those on my old C4, but they do stop the car which does weigh 2.25 tons without frightening the passengers which should be a good thing in a taxi
Website
bdeithrick   
Sat Mar 27 2010, 08:23am
Member No: #70
C6Dave wrote ...

No they aren't as 'sharp' as those on my old C4, but they do stop the car which does weigh 2.25 tons

I know mine will stop, but some times the front parking sensor goes to full red, oh im a bit to close here for comfort, "these brakes are not all that great, you know. "

this is what leads me to think they can be improved.

PLUS

Does every one get a bass'y' guff out of the peddle, sounds like the vacuum system working in the servo. thats a feature on my too.

C6Dave   
Sat Mar 27 2010, 08:58am

Member No: #1
No, I don't get any noise like that from the servo.

If your concerned about the recall check your Vin here against the list: - Click Here -

However if it was outstanding, it should have been picked up by the supplying dealer when they did the pre delivery checks for you.
Website
michaelb   
Sat Mar 27 2010, 04:14pm
Member No: #14
I certainly don't get any noise but I know my brakes do need an almighty shove.

This was brought home to me this week because I was driving a loan C5 for three days; it's brakes only need the merest caress and the car stops like an invisible divine hand grabbed it. I told Citroën this when I collected my C6 and they simply said "yeah, the C6's brakes are much softer".

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club